GMP diecast no longer, new name.

• Sponsors (?)

Not to hijack or anything but it's been a while since we had a nice diecast thread... Another rarity I've got is an Ertl SA20. As good of quality as many AutoArts, and comes w/removable speedster cover as well as a cloth-covered top. Very slick model. I still kick myself for skipping one I saw at a car show for $20 many years ago. I think I "luckily" found this one for $60 a few years ago. I found through Google that one had sold for $170+ somewhat recently, and that's the only one I can find having been sold. I won't give that one up though, not unless I decide to stop collecting all together. Same goes for my GMP teal Cobra since my girlfriend bought it for me.

Speak of the devil...look what this guy is asking for his http://cgi.ebay.com/ERTL-2004-FORD-...15498?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item53e844e7ea

And this one sold recently on ebay for $90. Not too bad considering the scarcity of it. http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-Saleen-Mus...99091?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item3f0bbbd633

Time to really start thinking about selling my Teal Cobra...

gajyma3u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Haha, I saw that too. I also saw the next one that popped up immediately afterward; it's at nearly $400 but hasn't hit reserve. I would put money on it not topping $600 as per usual price trending.

Here's something funny: I was cleaning out a closet a month or two ago and found a MIB teal Cobra that I'd picked up at some point to re-sell later. The box was beat but the car was mint; I remember paying $200-225 for it and threw it up on ebay. Got around $470 shipped for it relatively quickly. You can definitely get above that range w/one in a mint box but I'd be surprised at coming near $800 like that lucky bastard up there. I hope you do reach it though if you choose to sell.

Me, unless I get off my whole collection (which shows no signs of slowing and grows weekly as it is), I can't give up my first teal Cobra as it was a gift from the woman. That one and my signed Shelbys can't be let go.

I don't think I could actually sell it though...even looking at that price that one fetched and the current price of the one on Ebay with 7 days to do. If that one reached $800 or more, it would be tempting but I'd still say no.

No clue why the Cobras are so valued. In terms of rarity, the GT convertibles i have are more rare. I think those are 1 of 825? The ones with the white tops were 1 of 250 cars. I've seen those in the $250 range.

$800 for a die cast is just insane. Cool that I own one though ;)

It's got to be the color, everyone loves the teal :) Even the red ones have started reaching into the $200s at times lately, which is funny because a year or so ago you could get them anywhere for $100 still. The white top convertibles are some of the rarest and aren't worth much (all things considered) for some reason.

I had a fleeting thought back upon release that I should order a dozen or so of them. Wish I had, though I don't know if I would have been patient enough to have held onto them to this day. Would have been nice though :D Judging by this one hitting $800+ I wouldn't be surprised if the teal Cobras hit $1000 and up once in a while in the coming years. Even the blue AutoArt Mach 1s are lucky to stay in the $300s all the time. The GMP Cobra R has its days around there, too.

I know this is a old tread, but just wanted to share.. I have the Dark Horse 85 Mustang Coupe and decided to research it a bit and realize how rare it is. Also i noticed alot of the ads for the one for sale says 347 stroker, well mine has the 306 stated is it a typo or what and if anybody could give me insight on what its worth... thanks

I don't know if any of you have heard yet, but Greenlight Collectibles now owns the old GMP molds and will work together with Acme to make new models sold under the GMP brand/name. From what the companies say, there won't be re-issues of previous models but they will produce new ones.

Also, a Greenlight rep had this to say re: Fox Body Mustangs:

Regarding the Fox Body Mustang, the lineup for our upcoming items will be announced soon, first week of July hopefully. But you can infer that this mold will be a good bet to make an appearance.