God dam Pro-Flow

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
In your sister. If none, your mom
I'm tired of waiting for those clowns. I waited 3 weeks for the Ford OEM 90mm meter from them. Tomorrow, they said, oh no its gonna be here on Friday, oh no next monday for sure, etc. Told myself that I'm just gonna buy one of THEIR meters instead of waiting for that special order of Ford 90mm meters. So placed the order last WEDNESDAY, blah blah blah, if you're lucky we'll ship it by Friday, he said. So I call on Monday, no sorry it hasnt been produced yet. That was alright. He was suppose to call me back. He didnt. I called back to find out when it was gonna be ready. Technicians told one of the phone operators on the 13-14. So I say, when can I call back to have my tracking number ? Do not call before the 14, late in the afternoon. So I called yesterday, again, to get my tracking number. Here's my response. WHO told you to call back TODAY ? Ehh... YOU. I placed the order a week ago, I said. Its not made yet. You do understand that we produce the meters here , dont you ? YA. Then he said, OK well I'm gonna find out whats happening with that and I'm gonna call you in about 1/2hour, ok ? Alright, but you're gonna call me back for sure though..? I NEED to find out ASAP. The Fu**er never called back.

ALL this story to tell you guys, IF YOU'RE NOT ONE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS(COMPANY) THEY DONT GIVE A S*** ABOUT YOUR LITTLE 200$ ORDER. At least, thats what I'm getting. Last year, when I ordered my Pro-M75mm from CAMPBELL FORD, I took like 5 days for me to HAVE IT. Its already been 8 days today and I dont know whats happening. I dont give a F*** if you're busy on the phone. Have more people to answer the dam phone. A WORD is important.

But I do NEED that meter... I'm trying to find out when I should go to the border to get my stuff. Today, Tomorrow, Monday... If, with a miracle, my meter would be ready today, I'd make them ship it to me NEXT DAY and all of my stuff would be ready tomorrow, for pick-up. If they cant do that, which will most likely happen, I'll go today and will have to go back whenever to get the meter and who knows what.

• Sponsors (?)

Stangfreak95 said:
I'm tired of waiting for those clowns. I waited 3 weeks for the Ford OEM 90mm meter from them. Tomorrow, they said, oh no its gonna be here on Friday, oh no next monday for sure, etc. Told myself that I'm just gonna buy one of THEIR meters instead of waiting for that special order of Ford 90mm meters. So placed the order last WEDNESDAY, blah blah blah, if you're lucky we'll ship it by Friday, he said. So I call on Monday, no sorry it hasnt been produced yet. That was alright. He was suppose to call me back. He didnt. I called back to find out when it was gonna be ready. Technicians told one of the phone operators on the 13-14. So I say, when can I call back to have my tracking number ? Do not call before the 14, late in the afternoon. So I called yesterday, again, to get my tracking number. Here's my response. WHO told you to call back TODAY ? Ehh... YOU. I placed the order a week ago, I said. Its not made yet. You do understand that we produce the meters here , dont you ? YA. Then he said, OK well I'm gonna find out whats happening with that and I'm gonna call you in about 1/2hour, ok ? Alright, but you're gonna call me back for sure though..? I NEED to find out ASAP. The Fu**er never called back.

ALL this story to tell you guys, IF YOU'RE NOT ONE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS(COMPANY) THEY DONT GIVE A S*** ABOUT YOUR LITTLE 200$ ORDER. At least, thats what I'm getting. Last year, when I ordered my Pro-M75mm from CAMPBELL FORD, I took like 5 days for me to HAVE IT. Its already been 8 days today and I dont know whats happening. I dont give a F*** if you're busy on the phone. Have more people to answer the dam phone. A WORD is important.

But I do NEED that meter... I'm trying to find out when I should go to the border to get my stuff. Today, Tomorrow, Monday... If, with a miracle, my meter would be ready today, I'd make them ship it to me NEXT DAY and all of my stuff would be ready tomorrow, for pick-up. If they cant do that, which will most likely happen, I'll go today and will have to go back whenever to get the meter and who knows what.
After bob Atwood died that place went down hill bad. :bs:

Stangfreak95 said:
I dont know any other place that sell them that cheap (200$ with filter). I dont need it right now, I'm just trying to save me a trip down there.

Hate to tell you this, but the reason some places cost more, is because they actually have good customer support.

I'd rather know when an item is coming in, and have everything explained, help when I need it, warranty fulfillment on the spot, etc..

Its not affecting you that much now, because you are just trying to save yourself a trip. But imagine something is wrong with it and you need to return it under warranty? If its bad now, that's only going to be worse :notnice: .

Stangfreak95 - Just my 2 cents, and I'm not calling you out by any means Bro, but for someone who's trying to save so much on parts all the time, why is it you can afford to completely change out your rims and tires?, not to mention continue to do endless mods to your already 'wicked' ride? I mean, to take such a loss on your beautiful Chrome Cobra's and switch'em out for brand new Weld's certainly must have set you back some serious deniro($)

With all due respect, as your financial business is just that 'your' financial business, ..... but it just seems like every time I pop on this forum to check out how everyone's doing, I'm reading about you cursing out another parts supplier or manufacturer, thinking someone else is trying to put the proverbial screw to you on parts or service.

Point being? We would have loved to at least had the opportunity to help you out with any of your parts and most likely would have saved you $, without the expense of hauling your arse all the way from Quebec to the border and putting up with customs and holding fees. Just last week we 'delivered' into Quebec to help out 'Zoma' with some parts he needed, and we'll be doing the same next week for another Quebec resident who was more than pleased with our prices.

Question... are you being charged PST and GST at the border? I mean seeing you're a resident of Quebec?

Again, no flame whatsoever dude, and your car rocks! .... but you've called a few times for parts quotes and advice but haven't even given us the chance to show you we can save you money.... it's kinda why we started the business here in Eastern Ontario?? Last week we even directed you on to another distributor to make sure you were treated fairly, as we always will if we think you can get a better deal elsewhere.

just my 2 cents
Cheers!
Spenc

SpencB said:
Stangfreak95 - Just my 2 cents, and I'm not calling you out by any means Bro, but for someone who's trying to save so much on parts all the time, why is it you can afford to completely change out your rims and tires?, not to mention continue to do endless mods to your already 'wicked' ride? I mean, to take such a loss on your beautiful Chrome Cobra's and switch'em out for brand new Weld's certainly must have set you back some serious deniro($)

Well I really liked my old wheels. I was practicly the only one in the region with them in chrome, from what I've seen. But I kinda changed my goals of "SHOW" and I want to "GO" a little bit more. So needed more lighter wheels. Honnestly, I pretty much broke even with the rims and tires. I dont consider the rear DR's a loss because they were almost out so its no biggie. I needed new ones anyway. I kinda lost on the front tires which were brand new BUT the front skinnies will be like 25$US each so it gets all even.

SpencB said:
With all due respect, as your financial business is just that 'your' financial business, ..... but it just seems like every time I pop on this forum to check out how everyone's doing, I'm reading about you cursing out another parts supplier or manufacturer, thinking someone else is trying to put the proverbial screw to you on parts or service.

I dont think I bitch that much man. Pro-M was pretty much the only one "playing" me but I'm 99% sure that my stuff has been shipped yet. I dont think I could of find a lower price than that. AFM has them at the same price but I figured that I would of had it faster with Pro-M. I was wrong.

SpencB said:
Point being? We would have loved to at least had the opportunity to help you out with any of your parts and most likely would have saved you $, without the expense of hauling your arse all the way from Quebec to the border and putting up with customs and holding fees. Just last week we 'delivered' into Quebec to help out 'Zoma' with some parts he needed, and we'll be doing the same next week for another Quebec resident who was more than pleased with our prices.

Question... are you being charged PST and GST at the border? I mean seeing you're a resident of Quebec?

I know you have great prices on a lot of products. Heard it more than once by Jim and Dan. And I kinda "tried" to deal with you last week about the driveshaft and control arms but they were "special" products. I'm sorry for not contacting you for the rest. I'm sure I'm not done spending and I'm kinda getting tired of driving down there. But I'm not getting harassed anymore. Looks like it was worst when I was going with my girlfriend. ANd to answer your question, they only charge me GST which is 7%. They never bothered asking me where the products were made to get me on duties as well. I'm still saving quite some bucks doing it this way man.

SpencB said:
Again, no flame whatsoever dude, and your car rocks! .... but you've called a few times for parts quotes and advice but haven't even given us the chance to show you we can save you money.... it's kinda why we started the business here in Eastern Ontario?? Last week we even directed you on to another distributor to make sure you were treated fairly, as we always will if we think you can get a better deal elsewhere.

I really appreciate your advice and I mean that. You're a great guy. I do know that I need more stuff ASAP. Before I order it from Summit or somewhere else, I PROMISS I will get you involved in this.

All the power to you if can save money doing it the way you are.

As far as the 'only being charged GST at customs'? how is that happening when you're bringing the parts into Ontario? It would sound like they're thinking the products you're bringing into Ontario are for commercial resale?

Perhaps the girlfriend-thing being the 'past problem' was because she was with you and not them. L! again, more power to you!

Glad things are working out for you with all the parts updates, and certainly deal where you feel comfortable.. 'if' we can help you out that's great... if not, we'll certainly get you in contact with who can.

Cheers!
Spenc

SpencB said:
All the power to you if can save money doing it the way you are.

As far as the 'only being charged GST at customs'? how is that happening when you're bringing the parts into Ontario? It would sound like they're thinking the products you're bringing into Ontario are for commercial resale?

Perhaps the girlfriend-thing being the 'past problem' was because she was with you and not them. L! again, more power to you!

Glad things are working out for you with all the parts updates, and certainly deal where you feel comfortable.. 'if' we can help you out that's great... if not, we'll certainly get you in contact with who can.

Cheers!
Spenc

Thanks Brent.

Are you saying I shouldnt be paying GST ? or that I should be paying more than just the GST ?

Unfortunately, you should technically be paying both taxes as you're bringing the parts into Ontario. ( Just like everyone else). Or at least that's what CUSTOMS B.S explanation has been.

The only way you're exempt the PST is if it's brought in for resale/commercial. Mind you, paying both taxes is B.S at 'any' rate, but if they're only charging you the GST, then all you guy's from Quebec shouldn't be getting charged PST for buying anywhere in Ontario, ie 'here' , or other performance shops etc ( which I'm sure you are).

Point being... I have to deliver the parts into Quebec to save guys from that province from paying the Ontario PST. If you're getting away with not paying PST at the border I should look into this with Revenue Canada ( not to goof 'you' up, but....) to question them on it.... it could mean good news for all you guys from Quebec, and save me the time to run into Quebec. If they're exempting you from paying the PST at the boarder ( while you're physically in Ontario), then we shouldn't have to drive into Quebec to save you the tax.... you should be able to show identification to us anywhere in Ontario and still be exempt.

Of course no names would be mentioned, so it will have no effect on what's going on with you at the border.

Tell me ..... what do they say, or what have they said to you in the past? When you go in to pay your taxes, what is said and do they ask you if you're from Quebec? ... do they prompt you for identification on the Canadian side? What exact explanation 'if any' do they give you for not charging you the PST?

SpencB said:
Tell me ..... what do they say, or what have they said to you in the past? When you go in to pay your taxes, what is said and do they ask you if you're from Quebec? ... do they prompt you for identification on the Canadian side? What exact explanation 'if any' do they give you for not charging you the PST?

Honnestly, nobody has EVER mentionned the PST taxe. When I get to the Canadian side of the border, after picking up my stuff, here's how it goes:
(I give them my driver's license right away)
-WHERE DO YOU LIVE ?............Gatineau, Qc
-HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TO THE US ?...........20 minutes, I just picked up some car parts.
-CAR PARTS ? COMMERCIAL/PERSONNAL USE? ARE THEY FOR YOUR CAR?.....yes its for my 95 Mustang. Its personnal use.
-WHATS THE TOTAL VALUE OF WHAT YOU'RE BRINGING?..........1200$ US
-ARE YOU BRINGING BACK SOME TOBACCO, ALCOHOL?.......no nothing like that. I just got those parts.
(HE GIVES ME THAT PIECE OF PAPER WITH THE VALUE OF MY STUFF)
-OK.JUST PULL OVER ON THE SIDE OVER THERE AND STEP INSIDE TO PROCESS THE PAPERWORK(or something like that he says)........no problem.

Once I'm in, I give the my driver's license, my "value paper" from the agent and ALL my invoice/packing slips to confirm the value. They ask me if I still live at the adress on my driver's license. They dont ask me anything else. (Maybe they ask me if its commercial/personnal use again, but I dont think so.) They really never bothered about the DUTIES, maybe once or twice they asked me where the products were made. I only pay 7%GST and I'm gone after.

I propably only pay GST Brent because its for PERSONNAL use and not commercial like you.

This is all good information and is in our favor to save everyone the PST when coming into Ontario to meet us if need be for parts delivery.

We're being charged 'only' the GST at the border when we bring in items for resale(commercial purposes). You are obviously being exempt the PST because they're basing it on where you live ... that is why they're asking you if you still reside at the address shown on your drivers licence.

OTHERWISE, you would be charged both taxes because the only way you're exempt of paying the PST at the border is when you're bringing parts in for 'resale' ( commercial). The Retail Sales Tax legislation states: "IF THE CUSTOMER TAKES DELIVERY OF THE GOODS IN ONTARIO, THEN YOU MUST CHARGE 'RST'( retails sales tax).

As you can see, there's a conflict to this rule if they're not charging you RST( retail/provincial sales tax 8%) at the border, because technically once the parts clear customs, they're in ONTARIO, not Quebec.

Now I can take this info to REVENUE CANADA and question them on why Quebec residents are being charged both taxes when they're buying 'in' ONTARIO, yet they're not when bringing in parts from the US into ONTARIO. As long as you show proof of residence, just like you do at the border then you should be able to purchase producst 'anywhere' in Ontario, Manitoba etc etc and not pay both taxes.

There should be no B.S from them as they're just trying to nail you for the PST.... if they're not doing it at customs then they shouldn't be doing it anywhere else

I will get on this tomorrow .....

thanks for the info!

Cheers!
Spenc

PS: We'd like to get your car up in our new SN95 Gallery.... as soon as you get the WELDS on it, take some pics and send them our way..... 'KooL' ?

SpencB said:
thanks for the info!

Cheers!
Spenc

PS: We'd like to get your car up in our new SN95 Gallery.... as soon as you get the WELDS on it, take some pics and send them our way..... 'KooL' ?

No problems. Just avoid my name and I'll be happy. :D

Speaking of WELDS, I now need some technical infos on the studs/lugnut issue. I know you're running some so you should know this. If I take a picture of my wheel on my STOCK studs (but with no lugnuts) and email it to you, you think you'll be able to tell me if I need longer studs or not ??