Going 5 speed

Well a couple days ago you may remember i had a debate and that i couldnt make up my mind whether to go 5 speed or auto for my t top hatch. Well i put the aod up for sale and got an interesting offer. Guy is building an 87 rx7 and wants to put an aod in for ease. Well he offered me an 88 gt complete minus the motor that has a 66,000 mile t5 in it. Its red interior but the rest of the car is decent. IM waiting for pics and hopefully the deal goes well. I have a buddy who just bought a t top hatch and needs some parts due to rust so it works out for the best for both of us. He also has a brand new adj. clutch cable and adjuster, but i will prolly sell it and buy the maximum motorsports ford univ. cable and get a nice firewall adjuster and quadrant. Im really looking forward to going 5 speed and i dont know what i was thinking there for a while.But im back on track. I will be going with a hurst sst shifter, i love the old school handle, the one that is kinda high up with the chrome stick. I really want an mgw but if i can find a way to put the handle from the sst to the mgw then i will be good. And the great parts is that i will have everything needed to do the swap. IM pretty excited.

• Sponsors (?)

Ive had a few issues with the AOD that takes alot of the fun out of driving the car like throttle cable adjustment, hard shifts (shift kit) and a junk converter thats only been in the car 800 miles.

I know the AOD is better for the track but since 95% of the driving I do in the car isnt racing I can deal with it being a 5 speed at the track.

Im not sure if Ill be doing the swap before or after I put it away for the winter but its definately getting done.