Going back to stock upper control arms?

It depends- if you have stock bushings or MM control arms then you can tighten them up with the car in the air. If you have control arms that have poly bushings on BOTH ends, then you need to have the car with the suspension loaded or else you will get binding, as they poly bushings do not articulate as much.

This is good info! Thank you. I was able to get the stock upper control arms in today, was much easier then last time. Wont be getting the MM control arms though til friday. Now the waiting game :X

• Sponsors (?)

Finally got the lower control arms. From what I can tell the sway bar mounts should be towards the outside of the car with the company logo correct? My after market Summit rear sway bar looks like its a good inch away on both sides this way. I am also curious if I should have added some grease to the outside of the stock factory upper rubber on both the car and diff side before installing them. I just installed them without adding any. I know they dont have zerk fittings but should I still have greased them?

Last edited:
Sway bar brackets to the outside, yes. A little grease on the uca bushing surfaces can't hurt...I frankly don't remember if I greased mine or not. Definitely use the MM supplied grease on your new poly pieces.

Arm orientation should look like this

IMG_0881.JPG

Well got everything installed and torqued down. Ended up having to add custom spacers for the sway bar but worked out fine. Stripped a grade 10.9 bolt on the lower control arm, that was fun. suspension feels so much better. Great combo with the MM and stock uppers. Really happy with the results.

Reactions: 1 user