Going in on Nov 4th for dyno tune on the '93 turbo Reef...

schwerdt1

Sep 15, 2020
Caddo Mills, TX
I will be taking the '93 LX in to HPP Racing on the 4th for a dyne tune. Its a 331R block, 78/75 turbo running Holley EFI. This will be my 1st experience taking a car for a dyno tune. What type of things should I ask, or should I expect? The set up right now is running off a 14lb spring and 15 degree's of timing(conservative setup I have been told). Is also tuned for e85(so much fun finding stations around here with it). 610rwhp is what it dyno'd at with previous owner. For a part time street car( looks like will be driven to gym and some meets now and then) would I be ok having them squeeze a little more outta it?

• Sponsors(?)

nickyb

WAIT,you now have a pair?
10 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
If you have them squeeze a little more,Your nuts could wind up on the floor.

Reactions: 1 user

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Some tuners only tune for the most on the fine line between enjoyment and breaking something. I'd rather have a conservative tune for a street car...that might take you to the gym every once in a while. No need to push the limit and end up blowing something or wrecking.

A good tuner will not go for the most hp...but the best driveability for a street car. Thats what Steve has been doing for me.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

nickyb

WAIT,you now have a pair?
10 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
Some tuners only tune for the most on the fine line between enjoyment and breaking something. I'd rather have a conservative tune for a street car...that might take you to the gym every once in a while. No need to push the limit and end up blowing something or wrecking.

A good tuner will not go for the most hp...but the best driveability for a street car. Thats what Steve has been doing for me.
That's what I said.

Reactions: 2 users