Going to look at a used blower tomorrow..

joshjwc9

Jun 12, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Vortech V2 S trim.
It's on a 2001 Bullitt and I have a '99 so I know I would need a 96-99 bracket and appropriate intake pipe. The owner hydrolocked the motor and has low compression in one cylinder. He is upgrading the short block and going turbo 4v or new 5.0Coyote.
Is there anything visually that I can look for? Blower is still on the car and the car runs, just really low compression.
Can my 131k mile well cared for motor handle stock pulley levels of boost? Car barely burns oil, knocks down 16mpg+ in FL heat in city driving. Other mods in sig.

Its at a good price and includes mass air/injectors and pump. Blower is non intercooled. I'm not gonna tell one of my friends who always tries to one up me with his S2k, but we will see :rock:

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

check if it spins freely(by hand) and that there arent any scratching noise coming from the housing when you spun also that the pulley doesnt wobble all over the place.
i hydro locked my motor before and the supercharger is still as good as new , vortech units are pretty stout.

Well, it looked good (aside from being dirty) and bought it! I couldn't pass it up. Basically I need a bracket/gauges/fuel pump/intake pipe and a tune! They can probably do the install for me or I have another guy who has done all of my difficult suspension work! I'm hoping around November to have this car up to about 345rwhp!

$1500 for head unit and all piping, injectors, MAF, and Fuel Pump. But the customer shop doesn't know what fuel pump in in it, so I will probably end up getting a new focus pump. Gotta call a local guy who has the 96-99 bracket for my car and order a new discharge pipe as the Bullitt one will not fit my car.

$1500 for head unit and all piping, injectors, MAF, and Fuel Pump. But the customer shop doesn't know what fuel pump in in it, so I will probably end up getting a new focus pump. Gotta call a local guy who has the 96-99 bracket for my car and order a new discharge pipe as the Bullitt one will not fit my car.

get a Ford GT pump over the focus. It flows sooo much better. 310lph vs 255 lph (stock 110lph)
Ford GT Supercar Fuel Pump (1 Pump) [4G7Z-9A407-CA] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs:nice: