Going to put my old Zex kit on the stang... got Q?

RedefinedGT

May 27, 2005
Ok so I got a Zex Nitrous kit from my old car and I am planning to put it on my 96 4.L GT

So here are my questions:

1) Can I use it with my power programmer or will that advance the timing and cause a problem? If so can I put it in 89 octaine mode and just use it as a shift kit?

2) What spark plugs should I use? I know I need to go colder... but what ones.

3) What color wire do I get my TPS signal from, for the full throttle signal?

4) I am only running a dry 75 shot on it so is there anything else I should do?

I have had nitrous on 4 diffrent cars, all 4 cylinders.... never done it on a V8.... figure it cant be that diffrent. Let me know guys.

• Sponsors (?)

how many miles. make sure to have ur timing at least back to stock even retarded a lil. 1 stage colder plug will work fine maybe even see if u can boost up the fuel curve( not sure if this would help cuz of the dry shot) but i deff wouldnt run more then a 75 shot dry

Yeah it has 106k miles on it..... but people are sayin they are shootin there cars with over 170k miles on it no problem. I have run a 75 shot before on a 4cyl no problem. But you have to remember Zex rates there shot at the crank.... so a 75 dry shot is only like a 50 wet.

im runnin a 125 shot on my car and its pushing 101,000 ive had prolly more then 50 bottles in it without no problems.

you cant spray while the car has been programed with the power tune but you can leave in the settings for frimer shifts ans custom shift points.

i run autolite plugs not sure what the part number is.

not sure on the tps wire but you could prolly find out with a test lite.

with a 75 shot your not gonna hurt any thing. i dont know much about dry shot but i know a few people that run 150 wet shots and have no problems on the stock 4.6

to find the tps wire you need a multi-meter. spark plugs need to be non-platinum. the programmer will work like was said but retard timing. run as high a octane fuel as possible when you spray.