Going to Sacto. Raceway on Wed, how to drive my '03 cobra?

New50

Founding Member
Mar 19, 2001
Hey guys, I'm going to be heading out to Sacto. raceway (import night :rlaugh: ) to track my sonic blue '03 cobra (less than 5k miles) for the first time. Any advice on how to launch it off the line? I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do....also, I have a dot approved dirt bike helmet, will that suffice for the helmet requirement? let me know if anyone wants to meet up and show some support :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

New50 said:
Hey guys, I'm going to be heading out to Sacto. raceway (import night :rlaugh: ) to track my sonic blue '03 cobra (less than 5k miles) for the first time. Any advice on how to launch it off the line? I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do....also, I have a dot approved dirt bike helmet, will that suffice for the helmet requirement? let me know if anyone wants to meet up and show some support :hail2:

The helmet should be fine. As for launching an '03 Cobra.... just try leaving the starting line like you would any other normal stop light. If you try to launch hard on F1's all you'll do is spin and wheel hop. You really have to feather the snot out of the clutch comming out of the hole. If it does start to wheel hop, even after you've been so careful.... GET OUT OF THE GAS ASAP! The rear half-shafts don't last long under acceleration with wheel hop conditions.

U.M.