going to see a 95 GT 5.0 clone , need advice

KeithB78

Jul 25, 2008
This guy seems egar to sell, what would this car be worth?

NADA clean trade on a real GT is $3900

I am thinking of offering him $4000, to much? it does have a lot of nice mods and upgrades, i just wounder why it has not sold, but money is tight around here.

What should i be looking for on this car when i check it out?

He claims no rust.

thanks for the help

****1995 FORD MUSTANG 5.0!!!**** EXTRAS - $5000
For sale is a 1995 ford mustang 6 cylinder body with a 95' 5.0 HIGH OUTPUT motor.
- painted CERVANI HOOD
-BBK COLD AIR INTAKE
- BBK HEADERS
- full FLOWMASTERS exhaust that go into Bassani tips.... very loud and clean sounding
-Hurst short throw shifter
-clutch is very strong.
- Brand new SMOKED cobra style headlights off American Muscle!
- Car has cobra style rims and back brake calipers are from a cobra.
-The rear end is a professionally installed 8.8 inch SVT Cobra rear end with 3:73 gears that was just serviced., !!! makes all the difference with the car, very fast off the line.
-BRAND new windshield ,under warranty.
- deck and aftermarket speakers in it now, all set up for subs. -
-Interior is beige and black.
- tailights off a 95 mustang (they're vertical instead of horizontal)
-Odometer reads about 85k .
-Brand new cap, rotor, spark plugs, ford racing sparkplug wires, also oil change and oil filter done not to long ago
- The car was in a accident at very low speeds, believe just the quarterpanel and the headlight was damage, but the airbags where set off, because of that it received an r title. Car went through Albany's dmv inspection already where they looked at every part on the car and make sure every part was fixed from the accident, and everything was fixed, THERE IS NO ISSUES WITH THE TITLE!
- no liens... clear title in hand
- CAR IS CURRENTLY ON THE ROAD
- Car does need tires, and the emergency brake is weak. Clear coat is bubbling and faded in spots but it's a 95 so its expected.
-Car is VERY fast and powerful and is 99% rust free!!!
- First $5000 takes it or BEST OFFER, PRICE

955-1.jpg

View attachment 208332

955-3.jpg

View attachment 208334

• Sponsors (?)

Check that wiring it looks like a nightmare.

Tail Lights are not off a 95 they are 96-98

And from that "Inspection" sounds like there is a salvage title. never mind it says a (R) title which is rebuilt...

I would offer him $2500 for that car... you can buy a cobra at that price.

Check that wiring it looks like a nightmare.

Tail Lights are not off a 95 they are 96-98

And from that "Inspection" sounds like there is a salvage title. never mind it says a (R) title which is rebuilt...

I would offer him $2500 for that car... you can buy a cobra at that price.

+1 That is too much for a car with an iffy title, needs tires, peeling paint, etc. The mods are really kind of modest in my opinion, nothing that adds much real value to the car. You can find a real nice real GT under 4K with a real clean title and less issues. Adam95GT is right, you can get a Cobra for that price. I would be alittle more harsh and offer 2 grand.

If the car had not been smashed up before then it would be worth closer to his asking price. He said it was a small accident which only hurt the fender and the head light yet both air bags came out? It needed to be inspected by the DMV to be road worthy? Sounds to me like it was in a major accident. If you have 4K to throw down on a Mustang look for a much better GT or go Cobra hunting.

Went to see the car, sometimes they say the pictures don't the car justice. It this case the opposite is true.

Clear coat is really bad the car would need to be painted, as someone noted;the wiring is cobbled up, passenger ground effect is falling off.

Guy won't go below $4500! made my decision really easy.

Someone said $2000, that is probably about right if that.

Thanks for the advice

He said it was a small accident which only hurt the fender and the head light yet both air bags came out?

Actually, it's entirely possible. Years ago, some guy cut me off and hit me on the side of my front bumper, right in front of the wheel. Neither of us were going over 15mph, yet the impact set off my airbags. Remember, the two crash sensors are right there up front - an impact in just the right way will trigger the sensors and set off the airbags.

I did all the repairs myself, 'cause the insurance company kept trying to total the car. :mad: Structurally, all the car needed was a new bumper, fender, front bumper reinforcement and a headlight & corner light. That's it. Of course, I had to replace the airbags, airbag computer and one of the sensors.

Found a 95 GT, going to look tomorrow.

Found another 95 (much closer this time, and i know the guy), a real GT, it is black, has 147k, he claims well maintained, absolutely no rust and paint is perfect, going to see tomorrow. it is automatic, but i guess i could change to 5 speed, i understand the V6 uses same tranny? Maybe i could live with the AT :D

He wants $3800, is that i little high?

Thanks

Just to make it clear theres not much difference between the GT and V6 when you keep saying real GT. The only difference is that the GT came w/ the V8 . Other then that its all the same. GT's dont have build numbers like the Cobra's do.

As far as the car your talking about now you have to decide if you really want an auto or not. If you did the swap you have to add that into the price of what you pay for the car. There are lots of GT's out there Id look until you find exactly what you want, just dont bite on the first one you find.

Just to make it clear theres not much difference between the GT and V6 when you keep saying real GT. The only difference is that the GT came w/ the V8 . Other then that its all the same. GT's dont have build numbers like the Cobra's do.

As far as the car your talking about now you have to decide if you really want an auto or not. If you did the swap you have to add that into the price of what you pay for the car. There are lots of GT's out there Id look until you find exactly what you want, just dont bite on the first one you find.

Didnt the v6 cars have a 7.5'' rear?

yeah they do have the 7.5 forgot about that. The VIN does indicate what type of car it is but the V6/GT body is the same, interior is the same. When on the assembly line they just took a detour and got a V8 dropped in and a 8.8 rear end and got labeled as GT while the others were V6's. The Cobra's got more items to distinguish them as Cobra's plus the limited build #

So what Im saying is if you take a V6 body adn drop in a V8 and an 8.8 rear end and put GT badges on it and fog lights then its no different then what rolled off the line

Venon351R is right about the differences between the V6, GT and Cobra. The V6 has a different drivetrain (engine, transmission and rear axle), different instrument cluster (mainly, different speedometer and rpm's) and different seats. V6's did not have fog lights either, and of course the badges are different. Everything else is the same. If you want a GT, I would go for a Stang where the VIN was for a GT rather then a V6. While your insurance would be cheaper, if you get into an accident you then have to explain to the insurance adjuster why you need GT parts put on rather than the V6 parts you insured.

Venon351R is right about the differences between the V6, GT and Cobra. The V6 has a different drivetrain (engine, transmission and rear axle), different instrument cluster (mainly, different speedometer and rpm's) and different seats. V6's did not have fog lights either, and of course the badges are different. Everything else is the same. If you want a GT, I would go for a Stang where the VIN was for a GT rather then a V6. While your insurance would be cheaper, if you get into an accident you then have to explain to the insurance adjuster why you need GT parts put on rather than the V6 parts you insured.

Id rather not buy a car someone swapped over stuff from. Could do a hack job on wiring like me lol

There is also the GTS which is basically a GT with a V6 interior. However I understand the GTS could be ordered with any option available.

Sounds like you want a V8 and 5 speed so look around and find a GT that you want, as Venom351 has advised. Otherwise you are going to spend alot doing a T5 conversion or fixing problems with a V8 conversion when you could spend that on upgrades. IMO conversions are never cost effective unless you get the car DIRT cheap. But usually the dirt cheap ones have other problems anyways.

Went to see the car, sometimes they say the pictures don't the car justice. It this case the opposite is true.

Clear coat is really bad the car would need to be painted, as someone noted;the wiring is cobbled up, passenger ground effect is falling off.

Guy won't go below $4500! made my decision really easy.

Someone said $2000, that is probably about right if that.

Thanks for the advice

4500! That guy is smoking crack!