Going to T&J Performance soon (upgrades)

Which pulley size would you go with?(considering I'm still on the stock block)

• Total voters
jimfitzgerald said:
Exactly, it's detonation that kills engines. I need to get out to T&J and check out Tim's new shop. I think it's only 5 miles from my house. If I wasn't already hooked up with Higgins, I wouldn't hesitate to ask Tim to work on my car.

Exactly why I might buy a bigger heat exchanger to mount under my front bumper next year. Right now in the 30 degree temps, the intercooler does a great job. Making passes at the strip next summer, I might need the extra cooling. The next obvious step for cooler air at high boost is either KB, centrifugal or turbo. :)

-Jason

• Sponsors (?)

yellow2kgt said:
I still have the factory goodyears!!!

Me too, they have about 13000 miles and two opentrack days on them. I figure I'll finish them off in the first few days after the install. Luckily I have a fresh set of Falken Azenis Sports waiting in the garage.

I've got a dyno day setup Jan 3 :banana: Back to the garage to finish my gauge install.

and the blower goes-
ssswwwiiissssooooo...sssswwwiiiiissssooooo

ARRRRGGG!!!!

That is it! I wlll be there 16 & 17 Jan. I can't wait to meet you all!

I think I will call Tim and let him know we are coming and that I want to work on my front end too. My S/C should be done and I can use this an excuse to do a tune! I hope he is not booked during that time. I will find out soon!

Bo

jimfitzgerald said:
Exactly, it's detonation that kills engines. I need to get out to T&J and check out Tim's new shop. I think it's only 5 miles from my house. If I wasn't already hooked up with Higgins, I wouldn't hesitate to ask Tim to work on my car.

Jim-
Come up to the shop tomorrow morning if you can. I plan on being there between 9:30-10:00 at least for a couple of hours.

JPsNOVI2kGT said:
That is the same trip I did. About 900 miles for me also, for the same mods. Definately worth upgrading to the intercooler. I only wish I could go down to see the new shop also and meet more people. Have Fun

I heard from someone that there was a guy who brought his car all the way from Canada to Tim's shop. Now I know who. The most i've driven in one day is 500miles(modular shootout) so this trip sure will be interesting if I hit traffic.

I think the only mods that I am having Tim do, is the new bottom end and cams. I want to do the rest myself so I can learn something and save $$$$ on labor. For example, people in my area wanted anywhere from $700-$1300 to install my Novi 2000 blower. That, guys, is ridiculuous! It wasn't that hard after all......I mean, after all those phone calls to Tim...hehe

SmokyBurnOut said:
Must be nice to have a working cruise control. :(
Still haven't gotten that fixed?

Kamran: Can't wait to see how it turns out. I've been thinking of what to do next to mine as well, and those mods are looking better and better to me. I was thinking of heading up that way ('bout 700 miles for me) someday, maybe I can work it out.

00BLKGTCoupe said:
Kamran: Can't wait to see how it turns out. I've been thinking of what to do next to mine as well, and those mods are looking better and better to me. I was thinking of heading up that way ('bout 700 miles for me) someday, maybe I can work it out.

Just so you know...I'm not shooting for max power. I just decided considering T&J will be adding everything else and making sure the tune is running right I might as well put the pulley on also. If it creates too much hp I'll probably ask Tim to detune it.