Gonna blow up StangNet

Husky44

10 Year Member
Sep 27, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Alright, this is really ticking me off. I've got a freakin' Joe Miller ad on the header and the side bar of EVERY page on this site. I'm sick of the freakin' politics in this state (heck, in this whole country), just got done having an argument with my Dad about politics (on my "Happy Birthday" call, no less), and I log on here for some mindless relaxation, and BAM, there it is.:mad::mad::mad:

If this continues, count on me taking a sabbatical until after the election. Where's the annoying "Pinks" guy hawking exhausts?

/rant off.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't bitch about the ads. The ads pay for the website so we don't have to.

Kurt

I have paid a membership fee for a few sites....and the experience has been much better. They at least have a mobile version that works lol. In todays world....with the battle of the super smart phones....how can you have a dinosaur version of a mobile website? Without giving people the option to get to the regular site?!

Obviously the ads arent paying that much...or they just dont care. I see other sites evolving and changing...upgrading....over the years. Stangnet is exactly the same. I remember years ago when i first tried to use the "mobile" site...nothing has changed.

:nonono:

Oh, yeah!!! That did the ticket! Thanks for the tip. Now if they made an adblock for TV and my mailbox!

For the TV they do its called a DVR/Tivo. You either bump your start time that you watch 15min into an hour program and FF during the ads or watch it whenever you want and FF the ads.

Mailbox...I would love to know...so would my paper shredder.

Sorry Kurt, but not being able to edit posts, use a normal website(the option is there...it doesn't work), or even reply to PMs...and YES the option is there. It just reloads the same page!

If that's not broken, I don't know what is. Using this site on a phone is like taking the original 5.0 and putting it in a 2011 body. Then saying "it works. It starts and runs. If it ain't broke..."

Only to get left behind by those with present day tech.