Gonna go see a NEW CAR stable mate.

• Sponsors (?)

i have always love that stingray body. and there is no other mustang currently that i would really want to build other than the 67 fstback and i really dont wanna start selling organs to get into one right now.

I am going to go see a 78 on wednesday. Needs a little TLC but it is the 25 aniversary yr. so that would be pretty cool. I am going to pass on the yellow one above as I would like something with a 4 speed and mostly original.

I know this isnt a corvette forum but I figure most of us are car guys.

My dad had a '76. It was a cool car and he liked it... until the day that I got him to come to the grag strip with me and my near stock mustang blew him off the track. I think his best ever time in it was a 15.7-15.8 at 88, which is very close to what my wife's MR2 spyder runs. His was a 4 speed and it had side pipes which sounded great, but would cook the back of your leg off if you were not careful and touched it when getting out.

im not really looking at making this car a drag or race car in anyway. for speed I will refer back to my stang. this car will be mostly for looks and driving daily after my lease is traded in. I am going to sell the bike that mostly sits in my garage and get some use out of this car.

The only thing I dont like is the color, also with gas prices as such, those cars get Crap gas mileage, my mom's used to get like 13 or so, and hers was a l98 with rochester carb and auto tranny, basically bone stock, and it wouldnt get out of it's own way. I'm partial to the split back stingray, 60's and early 70's style.

yeah I posted that up as one of the ones i went to go see. but here is the one im gonna go see and possibly pick up wednesday. If there is no rust in any vital areas.

and as far as gas mileage well your gonna either pay for gas or make car payments so whats the difference. Its all a scam:mad:

100_0363.jpg