Gonna try not to drive my car for a week.

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
Truthfully im getting fed up with it and its issues at the moment.

Between the rear end whining, the right rear wheel making a funky rubbing sound (sounds like a bad wheel bearing), the paint that is exploding off of my back bumper, the fact that it has a bad bog and cuts out for a minut after a cold start, Im not thrilled with it at the moment.

So hopefully a few days or a week of driving my slow Jeep will reconnect me with the Mustang when I jump back into it. Hopefully enough so that ill order some new parts for it or something, and respark it even more. I want to do exhaust next, but im tempted to just start saving for gears and a rear end rebuild... seeing as how it sounds like ass right now...:nonono:

Anyone else ever had to do that?

• Sponsors (?)

i wish i can drive my car. she is in garage for the past 2 weeks, as it await insurance company to send me check for repair....

Reconnect? No. I'm in debestating withdraw right now...

i hear you on all the weird sounds. i got my rear built and it still makes strange noises. when i hit a big bump i hear a clunk from the rear. i dont even know what it is but it didnt happen till i got the new axles, posi, and gears. i also have squeeks that i really dont care about. a slight whine only in 4th gear fir 1500rmp span. :shrug: im most concernde with the clunk, i dont know what the heck that could be.

Yeah I just needs some mods or something to boost the fun level. Some gears and exhaust/plenum would really help right now.

Actually, it not sounding like its gonna fall apart would help right now.

BurningRubber said:
So hopefully a few days or a week of driving my slow Jeep will reconnect me with the Mustang when I jump back into it. Hopefully enough so that ill order some new parts for it or something, and respark it even more

Anyone else ever had to do that?

wish i could but it's my only mode of transport, has been for the last 4 1/2 years

kinda getting sick of her:(

time for me to either mod it to hell or dump it and buy an rx8/350z

Superhereaux said:
wish i could but it's my only mode of transport, has been for the last 4 1/2 years

kinda getting sick of her:(

time for me to either mod it to hell or dump it and buy an rx8/350z

If you can swing an RX8 or 350Z, id look into a used Terminator. Youd be able to find one with lower mileage still under warrenty for plently lower than a mid-level 350z. Then you still have a Mustang, just one hell of a Mustang...:D

Or you could go insane and dump a bunch of mods into your current GT if you would still like driving it after all the new parts.

BurningRubber said:
If you can swing an RX8 or 350Z, id look into a used Terminator. Youd be able to find one with lower mileage still under warrenty for plently lower than a mid-level 350z. Then you still have a Mustang...

that's the problem. even with 400hp and nice leather seats, it's still a mustang. same bodystyle and interior no less!

kinda itching for something different, and an RX8 is definatly different.
been looking at IS300's as well...

Well if you have the itch for something different, sometimes you just cant help it then.

I went through that, I started out with a slow 4x4, built it up a little bit and then really got the itch for speed. Ive always loved Mustangs so I figured id persue getting one. Now ive got the best of both worlds.

But going from a Mustang to an RX8 or IS300 isnt that big of a switch compared to a 4x4, lol.

my car hasnt moved since mustang week. the day after i got it home i started tearing it down for the IC. my pulley FINALLY came in today so it should be running by the end of the weekend. i cant wait to drive it again!!!

SaleenGT2001 said:
my car hasnt moved since mustang week. the day after i got it home i started tearing it down for the IC. my pulley FINALLY came in today so it should be running by the end of the weekend. i cant wait to drive it again!!!

:jaw:

Wow. I bet you cant wait to drive it again...! It was hard enough to walk past it without stopping and staring at MW, I couldnt imagine owning it and not driving it for a month.

Good luck getting it back up and running.

DropTopPony said:
haven't driven mine since november...

That sucks man, is the car with you or is it in a shop or something?

And I must say it felt really good to drive it again today. Its not as slow as I felt like it was, I think I had just gotten used to it a little too well... I think its time for some mods.

Mine goes into the shop Sept. 7th to get my pass. door painted. The lovely daughter tipped my bike over and the hand brake peeled a nice strip of paint off. The BS said it could take up to a week b/c of it being a 3-stage paint. I'm sure I'll be having withdraw at the end of that. I think I'll check and see of I can get a "comparable" rental like, say, a Mustang GT-H....

BurningRubber said:
That sucks man, is the car with you or is it in a shop or something?

And I must say it felt really good to drive it again today. Its not as slow as I felt like it was, I think I had just gotten used to it a little too well... I think its time for some mods.

i put it away for the winter then picked up a blower then started piecing all the parts together for my Forged Teksid shortblock so mine is sitting semi apart but i'm thinking of throwing the blower on the stock shortblock next weekend so i can get a few months of enjoyment before winter then swap in the new sb...