Good begining mods?

Maza4ever14

Apr 27, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Hello, first time posting in this forum, I'm usually in the 4.6L Talk but I decided to head over here from some advice.

So I will be picking up a 07 GT tomorrow and i need some help decided on some mods.

It is a white 5 speed w/ the 3.31 gears. I was thinking of starting of with 4.10s and a shorter shifter. I was going frpp on the 4.10s but i have no clue as to what time of short throw shifter i should go with because I had an auto before. Would my X Cal 2 work fine onto the 07 if i un-marry it from my old car?

Any other advice? I was planning to later go with the FRPP axel back and maybe a Dr Gas X pipe, and possibly a intake and pulleys but again no clue as to what i should go for.

thanks in advance for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

Intake and tuner, along with 4.10s will work perfect! Best starting mods IMO. As for the tuner, it will not work with the 07 GT. Everything is different and you'll have to buy a new one, or attempt to call the tuner company and see if they can update the tuner to work with your 07.

What Poopdawg said. I will add though that I don't have a short throw shifter, but I've read over and over that the MGW is about the best on the market. It's pretty pricey, but I hear it's well worth the money.

4.10's, shifter, intake, tune, yep, those are about the best starting mods out there. Oh yeah, don't forget a decent set of springs to get rid of the 4X4 look!