Good Lord $$$$$

I scanned all my receipts and sent to Grundy. Between those, the mileage and original paint/glass/interior $35k agreed value was not a problem.
My agreed value through Haggerty is $15k at the moment, about to bump it up to $20k when I renew. If my car ever gets wrecked then at least I can dry up my tears with $100 bills ;)

As far as value goes, where you live plays a big factor in price while what happens at Barrett Jackson does not. Also, we all know what kind of cars we'd like to buy to start a build project with or to have as a weekend driver. I like (now) to start with a clean 5spd original 5.0 survivor car which are hard to find in my area. I don't mind throwing a few extra bucks at a car if it's already been correctly 5 lug swapped (no cheap LMR 5 lug front rotors and 5 lug drums rear). There is after all tasteful mods that do help hold or increase value of our vehicles.

• Sponsors (?)

As far as value goes, where you live plays a big factor in price

Agreed. Up here in the rust belt, finding a rust-free Fox is hard to do. I see maybe 5-10 Fox Mustangs a summer driving around, and most are usually ragged out. Just browsing CL right now, there's maybe 1 fox I'd buy, and the other two look like 12-owner ragged out beat jobs.

Seems like out in CA, they are all over the place.

Reactions: 1 user
A guy just paid 7600 for an 89 Lx hatch at my job. The car was clean inside and didn't have a spec of rust. It did have a repaint and a few dings. The guy buying it didn't complain at all.
Yep, i just did the same last year. Bought my car which i had in highschool, a 92 STang GT. I bought the car, put in all the high performance goodies, and redid the tranny. Total at the moment is $7600, and i'm a happy camper. I luv driving it, gives me the same feeling i had in highschool. I sold my 68 Camaro, and this 92 wins my happiness. When you had a car at 16, and you can get it back for under 10K, its all good to me.

Seems like out in CA, they are all over the place.
I'm not over there often, but El Cajon, San Diego and San Francisco they seem pretty dang rare.
I'm in Phoenix AZ, zero rust here, and they are few and far between... and typically when you do see one it's in sorry shape.
Of course if you go to the car show, there will be 6-12 decent ones... in a city of over 3 million people...

theres 11 on the local craigslist here (just on the first page), all but maybe one or two are asking reasonable prices (3-5k, not including a great 84 svo asking 7900 which would probably be worth it).

I'm not over there often, but El Cajon, San Diego and San Francisco they seem pretty dang rare.
I'm in Phoenix AZ, zero rust here, and they are few and far between... and typically when you do see one it's in sorry shape.
Of course if you go to the car show, there will be 6-12 decent ones... in a city of over 3 million people...
Yep, one of the main reasons i bought mine out from Monterey California, it has 0 rust everywhere. Luv it. Although, i did put it up for sale/trade. Trying to see if anything is worth it. Not sure if i'll do it, but i'm testing the waters.

I have a lot of sentimental value in mine considering it was my first car and what I drove in HS...

But I've often wondered what sort of number someone would have to throw at me to make me consider it....

There's a handful on CL in my area. This one's interesting. I'm sure it would clean up well, but $13K?

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/5960233708.html

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I have a lot of sentimental value in mine considering it was my first car and what I drove in HS...

But I've often wondered what sort of number someone would have to throw at me to make me consider it....

There's a handful on CL in my area. This one's interesting. I'm sure it would clean up well, but $13K?

My question...if you're going to sell a vehicle,and take pictures for perspective buyers,why in the hell wouldn't you wash the car before doing so? Looks like a solid car but what a lazy sob

That's hard to say. Low miles, good colors, no mods. I can see it getting 8-10k, but it's a coupe. Those bring the coin.

Took me nearly a year to find a clean t top. Mines not perfect but it's rust free. The market is for sure on the rise

Ok, it's dirty but there's something else going on too. :scratch:

upload_2017-1-24_13-57-12.png

Looks like it needs some professional detailing.

Don't get me wrong, it's a clean car, but $13K? I'd have to see it polished up by the current owner before I fork over any of my money.

Also, what's with the luggage rack? I know some notches came with one, but that one looks like a JC whitney tack-on rack

I live in Central Florida. I'm constantly window shopping on Craigslist for fun. You can find clean fox bodies here for two and three thousand all day long. Rust is not an issue here. My friend has had his really clean Foxbody for sale at $3000 for about 6 months. He has really only received crappy trade offers.

Just because somebody selling it said price, does not mean it's actually going to sell at that price. Good luck for dreamers.

I live in Central Florida. I'm constantly window shopping on Craigslist for fun. You can find clean fox bodies here for two and three thousand all day long. Rust is not an issue here. My friend has had his really clean Foxbody for sale at $3000 for about 6 months. He has really only received crappy trade offers..

I do think prices tend to be regional as well because of this reason.

Up here, rust free would be rare, and I'd pay more than $3K for something that doesn't have strut tower of lower panel and wheel well rust like 90% of the ones that were daily driven most of their life.

The garage queens show up on CL now and then as well for $8-10K. I wouldn't be surprised if they sold because that's the sort of car I want. Really, how much would I save going down south to find a southern car in as good shape? $4-5K for the car, $1K in airfare and hotels/meals, $1.5K for transport home? Just easier to buy the overpriced car down the street.

I'm seeing dollar signs here... Travel to Florida and buy rust free mustangs ( 2500- 3500 ) ....bring north...sell for ( 4500- 5500 )...3 car trailer...( 2000 )expenses....( 11500-14500 )- ( 7500- 10500 )=( 4000- 7000 )profit per trip... Or just buy them all and put in an old barn for 20 more years.