Good read Oct MMFF: V6 running in the 10's (stroked 4.2)

rygenstormlocke

former 10 second badass
Aug 13, 2005
Northern Virginia
As I continue to try to learn more and more about mustangs, in addition to these forums I have been reading several magazines. One of which is MMFF (October issue). It was very inspiring because they had a V6 running in the 10's with a Zex kit. It is a 3.8 stroked to 4.2 litres. It's not an 05, but I think it will give all of us some ideas on what we can do with our 4.0 engines with take off ford parts. I am going to look for an online version and try to find a link.

Has anyone else had a look at this article? And for those of you that are more technical, examined the possibilities of how they mixed and matched ford parts from other vehicles...and if it is feasible on our cars. I am particularly interested in changing out the throttle body on my stang in combination with a stage 2 intake kit, but haven’t seen any after market items for our cars on the throttle body part.

Just thought I would throw this one out there, its pretty innovative that they took parts off of a ford minivan. :rolleyes:

Later.

• Sponsors (?)

Yup.. Tom's a genius with the v6. He and I have spoken a few times, and think we might have some interesting surprises here soon (teehee Zodiacs got a secret)

I too read the article....when I seen that a V6 got into the 10s I had to buy the rag. I think if we wait a little while we will start seeing throttle body/intake components start hitting the scene for our steeds. I think right now the aftermarket is too focused on putting out parts for the '05 GT, but once that slows a bit you will start seeing more and more goodies for us! The article had me geeked tho!!!

MCMustangMan said:
I think if we wait a little while we will start seeing throttle body/intake components start hitting the scene for our steeds.

:D that's what I've been holding on and hoping for :D

right now the aftermarket is too focused on putting out parts for the '05 GT, but once that slows a bit you will start seeing more and more goodies for us!!!!

icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

a 3.8 stang should have been in the 8's by now but most guy's are testing the waters.

the Buick turbo 6 has been in the high 8's on a production block which is really no stronger than the ford 3.8

actually the essex ford was based on the buick design so there is alot of potential with it.

the 4.0 should make good power but the mains and rod journals are alittle smaller than the essex or buick