good wax?

o3redfire said:
V Eight, I put the mothers "reflections", which is their synthetic, "micro encapsulation technology" wax on after the glaze and swirl remover, instead of the mothers carnuba, and it still looks real nice. About three weeks ago I won best of show at the out of the cold event at the Hooters in potomac mills, VA, so I think the mothers' products hang with the rest

I'm still curious as to how long it beads. The more product I can buy at local shops the better, I hate waiting.

• Sponsors (?)

I use a Dewalt Rotary buffer and also a Cyclo machine. The cost is high but if you get into detailing heavy...you can make you money up fast doing others cars. Alot of people starting out are using the Porter Cable buffer. It's about $150ish I think if not cheaper. You will be suprised at what a difference a quality polishing will to to the look of you paint.
If you go with a true rotary like the Dewalt there is a larger learning curve and you must be patient and very careful. Not something you can just go buy and use un-educated. Price is around $250-$300 for the Dewalt. The Cyclo random orbital is a great machine even for the beginer. $250-$300

Menzerna products are on my next list of detailing polishes/sealants I'm going to try next. Also Natty's Blue is on the must get list also!
Have you guys tryed FK425 yet as a Quick Detail spray??? I bought a gallon and LOVE it!

joestang98 said:
I use a Dewalt Rotary buffer and also a Cyclo machine. The cost is high but if you get into detailing heavy...you can make you money up fast doing others cars. Alot of people starting out are using the Porter Cable buffer. It's about $150ish I think if not cheaper. You will be suprised at what a difference a quality polishing will to to the look of you paint.
If you go with a true rotary like the Dewalt there is a larger learning curve and you must be patient and very careful. Not something you can just go buy and use un-educated. Price is around $250-$300 for the Dewalt. The Cyclo random orbital is a great machine even for the beginer. $250-$300

Menzerna products are on my next list of detailing polishes/sealants I'm going to try next. Also Natty's Blue is on the must get list also!
Have you guys tryed FK425 yet as a Quick Detail spray??? I bought a gallon and LOVE it!

I have heard a reference to Menzerna products, but haven't looked into them. If you could provide a link for such, I would appreciate it.

I have not used FK425 as a detail spray. I have, however, used Crystal Mist, love the smell and love the outcome when applied over Souveran.

san~man said:
Forgive my detailing ignorance, but why put conventional carnuba over an acrylic like AIO?

Thanks.

It has to do with what look you are going for...sharp crisp lines in reflections? This is typical with a sealant like Zaino,FMJ or do you like a nice deep wet look that is more typical with a carnuba top coat, Souveran,Natty's Blue, S100, and such.

Everybody has a different taste.:shrug:

heres a week after I bought it after the first coat of zaino (it was just Z2 also I believe)

630542_115_full.jpg

630542_4_full.jpg

630542_3.jpg

needless to say zaino kicks ass :hail2:

edit -
oh yeah and I only apply it by hand aswell

V_Eight said:
List what all you've used. Don't bother with mothers/meguiar's unless it was significant, please.
Menzerna IP, FPII, and FMJ
complete poorboys lineup except SSR3
s100 wax
working on getting the DP lineup to try out. tryed there Max Wax and was impressed.
wolfgang total swirl remover and there sealant.
Pinnacle souveran, signature, and the new signature series 2 waxes.
Clearkote RMG, VM, CMW, MW.
im sure theres more ive used but those are the ones i can remember off the top of me head :)

Edit: 4* UPP :D

Marks5.0! said:
s100 wax
working on getting the DP lineup to try out. tryed there Max Wax and was impressed.
im sure theres more ive used but those are the ones i can remember off the top of me head :)

That's a lot of GD money you spent lol.

Marks5.0! said:
s100 wax

Edit: 4* UPP :D

What about P21S? Any experience with that?