Got a Cobra spoiler, a few questions

txredgt

10 Year Member
Oct 26, 2009
Just picked up a from a local guy and I got a good deal, I knew the 3rd brake light was a goner before and its a common problem so its just part of the deal. Where is the best/cheapest place to get one? LRS has them for 185 but is there anywhere else? Also, will I need wires or can I just use all of my old wires from the GT 3rd brake light?

• Sponsors (?)

I believe you need a Cobra harness for the 3rd brake light....

Man those brake lights are expensive. Everywhere seems to be high on them.

I know the lights are expensive but its what I knew I would be getting into. I did get the decklid with the deal which makes it sweeter for me but I do need wiring, I do think that is kind of crappy but I found 1 for 50 from Ford so I can probably source that cheaper I bet.

I got my third brake light from ford for about 200.

As far as the wiring, I used the same wiring from my gt brake light. Leave the old harness on & just cut the wires and color match them with the cobra third-light wires. I combined mines neatly with some electric tape and it looks fine. (However, your trunk light wont work after this modification)

I hope this helps. If you really need the trunk light then I would go look for the right harness.