got a dilemma....need help deciding

dragnazz5.0

My "0" key d0esn't w0rk, s0 I have t0 use the zer0
Nov 19, 2005
mooresville, nc
well ive got a chance to pick up a set of ported c9oe heads complete with 1.6 rockers and springs that will work with my cam for 200 bucks. they are ready to bolt on. but i need some front suspension work. i either have bad ball joints or wheel bearings in the front...or something is loose. i havent had a chance to get the car up on the lift and check it out. but something definetly needs to be done soon.

my dilemma is i cant decide if i should get the heads and let the front end go a little longer or if i should not get the heads and fix the front end. i hate to let a deal like this pass me up since ive wanted heads for so long. i just dont want my tire falling off or something. give me your insight

• Sponsors (?)

yeah....i dont really know what to do. im a full time student and work part time and only make like 100 bucks a week....so doing them both is out of the question at the time especially with christmas coming up and i still need to buy presents for people. maybe i can get my dad to do one of them for me. maybe fix the car and ill buy the heads....i dont know.

i really want to see these heads because my buddy said they have huge ports in them. but i dont know if he really knows what he is looking at

well yeah, ive got a shop that i can do the work in. it is my daily driver but i really dont have to drive it since i can walk to work (about 200 yards) and i can get a ride to class every day. i might just go ahead and fix the front end because i dont think the guy is in a rush to sell the heads and no one else is looking at them. ill just tell him to hold onto the heads for a couple weeks and ill fix my car

does anyone make tubular lower control arms with a stock spring mount?

ah, screw that. well i think i found the problem. looks like the lower strut mounts have come loose somehow. guess i didnt have enough ass to tighten them with a breaker bar. looks like ill be pulling the wheels tomorrow and tightening them up. i wonder if that would cause the car to weave a little bit when going over bumps and stuff. :rolleyes: :bang: ill probably do ball joints anyways because they probably need it

:owned: by myself

ah, screw that. well i think i found the problem. looks like the lower strut mounts have come loose somehow. guess i didnt have enough ass to tighten them with a breaker bar. looks like ill be pulling the wheels tomorrow and tightening them up. i wonder if that would cause the car to weave a little bit when going over bumps and stuff. :rolleyes: :bang: ill probably do ball joints anyways because they probably need it

:owned: by myself

is the car lowered?

Weaving when going over bumps is bumpsteer.
If you have the car in the air pull on the bottom of the tire while pushing on the top. The wheel/tire shouldnt move much if any. That just makes sure your wheel bearings are good.

And most auto parts stores cary ball joint press kits that you can rent. But if you can get a shop to press out the old ones and press the new ones in id do that. The old ball joints tend to not want to come out.