Got a garage!

xr8d302

I bought a 27" monitor to compensate for my lack o
Apr 29, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Well, just as the topic says, I got a garage to do my winter storage/engine project....it's pretty dirty and crappy right now, but I'm cleaning it out slowly and hope to pull out the engine sometime next month...

It's a friend of mine's garage, and he just got sent to pakistan for disaster relief with the earthquakes that happened over there...

This is what it DID look like :nonono:
HPIM2186.jpg

So I cleaned it out, and tossed the (very dirty, at the moment...lots of rain lately) car in there for a pic or two
HPIM2198.jpg

HPIM2200.jpg

Pics of the dirty car, just because I was bored so I started taking pictures of it...you'd never even know they were chrome rims...:(

HPIM2187.jpg

HPIM2192.jpg

Pointless thread, I know, but I've noticed there's not much happening in here this morning

Attachments

• HPIM2186.jpg
    HPIM2186.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 80
  • HPIM2198.jpg
    HPIM2198.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 82
  • HPIM2200.jpg
    HPIM2200.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 59
  • HPIM2187.jpg
    HPIM2187.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 56
  • HPIM2192.jpg
    HPIM2192.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Sponsors (?)

nmcgrawj said:
Nice. Always good to have a big space to work on the car in. Whats your plans for the motor?

Gonna up the cubes, and I'm on a madhunt for some turbochargers...

one more question...is there anything unsafe about using a moderate nitrous shot with turbocharged applications?

xr8d302 said:
Gonna up the cubes, and I'm on a madhunt for some turbochargers...

one more question...is there anything unsafe about using a moderate nitrous shot with turbocharged applications?

Im not sure why you would want to. With more cubes AND a turbocharger, you will easily be able to make enough power to split the block IMO. Like mentioned above, you have to be REALLY careful with nitrous. Not worth it IMO.

Do you not want to run a intercooler? If not, then get a methanol/water injection setup. But i recommend getting a IC anyway. They can be had on ebay for a really reasonable price.

nmcgrawj said:
Im not sure why you would want to. With more cubes AND a turbocharger, you will easily be able to make enough power to split the block IMO. Like mentioned above, you have to be REALLY careful with nitrous. Not worth it IMO.

Do you not want to run a intercooler? If not, then get a methanol/water injection setup. But i recommend getting a IC anyway. They can be had on ebay for a really reasonable price.

There's no doubt, I'll be running an intercooler, if I'm gonna do this, might as well do it the right way :nice:

How does a methanol/water injection set up work?

The main reason I'm in the mood for nitrous, is because StangFreak (Mario, from quebec, you'd know him) sent me an ashtray nitrous switch kit, and all the wires are ready for set up...might as well go all the way and set it up properly, even if it's not put to use regularly :shrug:

Sell that switch kit and put that $$$$ towards the turbo setup.

Water/meth. injection allows you to run more timing and more boost safely without having a extreme fuel system setup. JR runs one on his car.

But unless you plan on running some crazy boost, its not needed. The IC will be just fine. Realize what you are working with....a stock block. If you up the cubes and turbo it...you will have plenty of power.

How much power do you want anyway?

Ditch the nitrous idea. Go for the turbo setup, and have two sets of tunes. One without the water/meth injection, and one with. So you can run around with out the meth injection, then when you want to smoke the whorevette next to you, turn the other program on, use the meth injection and waste them!

DarkProphet said:
Ditch the nitrous idea. Go for the turbo setup, and have two sets of tunes. One without the water/meth injection, and one with. So you can run around with out the meth injection, then when you want to smoke the whorevette next to you, turn the other program on, use the meth injection and waste them!

Dont forget to up the boost!

All these suggestions sound like good idea's, i'm going to read up on the methanol injection kit..

As for how much power I want...I don't know...I just want more, alot more. I figure i can hit that with some hard work this winter, and I can actually work on it this year instead of being jammed in the middle east

xr8d302 said:
All these suggestions sound like good idea's, i'm going to read up on the methanol injection kit..

As for how much power I want...I don't know...I just want more, alot more. I figure i can hit that with some hard work this winter, and I can actually work on it this year instead of being jammed in the middle east

So what are the plans? Are you going to stroke it with the stock heads? Are you gonna get some aftermarket stuff? Are you still getting that stuff off that car that was wrecked or whatever?

Depending on how much money you have to spend, just concentrate on the motor and then the turbo. Get that all together and later on if you want, get the methanol/water injection. But i have a feeling that with a stroker PLUS a turbo, you will already be in "block danger" territory so the methanol wont really be for more power...just for safety against detonation.

nmcgrawj said:
So what are the plans? Are you going to stroke it with the stock heads? Are you gonna get some aftermarket stuff? Are you still getting that stuff off that car that was wrecked or whatever?

Depending on how much money you have to spend, just concentrate on the motor and then the turbo. Get that all together and later on if you want, get the methanol/water injection. But i have a feeling that with a stroker PLUS a turbo, you will already be in "block danger" territory so the methanol wont really be for more power...just for safety against detonation.

I am gonna be buying that wrecked fox with the 306. I'm giving him 2000 for the whole car, selling what I can't use and using what I can. Fortunately the heads are good to go, along with some other good parts. I don't know if I want the cam, apparently it sounds a little too rough for a street car...but we'll see

Depending on money, I'll either use his block or stroke my block to 331 cubes, I'd like to see how his engine runs before I just transplant it...if it's in good shape, then I'll just take the full 306 and go from there...