got a set of tinted headlights....for free

DerekStangGT

My package is in the mail!
Feb 18, 2003
so i was at work yesterday and someone traded in an 04 V6 mustang. so i took the opportunity to grab it and do the Gold check inspection. i also took the opportunity to swap my yellowed headlights for the new tinted ones off teh 6. car had 24,xxx miles. :banana: im workin on some pics, but the new headlights look very very good. :D they look even better when theyre free:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

DropTopPony said:
sweet! i find great things in trade in cars all the time :) One of the best perks of car sales.
no joke man. one truck came in that was owned by a sheriff. he had an extra "sheriff's association" sticker in the glove box....so i slapped that bad boy on the stang. any help i can get!

We get alot of amp/subs and stuff like that. I tell them i am giving them more for it when they trade but i'm not...then i hook up the detail guys and mechanics so they take care of me later.
Nobody notices since most trades go to wholesalers.

DerekStangGT said:
youre a smart businessman. i wish my manager would hook it up somtimes
i don't tell the managers crap! they don't see anything so we don't tell them anything. All of my managers are salespeople who's ass i used to kick on the salesfloor. I have no interest in manager....i don't want a pay cut :)

Now my GSM is the man...i changed dealerships when he left because he is so good to work for. If he saw a trade with a booming system he would want his cut :p

DropTopPony said:
i don't tell the managers crap! they don't see anything so we don't tell them anything. All of my managers are salespeople who's ass i used to kick on the salesfloor. I have no interest in manager....i don't want a pay cut :)

Now my GSM is the man...i changed dealerships when he left because he is so good to work for. If he saw a trade with a booming system he would want his cut :p
what is your job title/what do you do?

97stang_guy said:
How much can you make doing car sales if your good at it? I wouldn't mind doing it on the side as a part time job. I work four 10 hour days so I have three days off.
I've been doing it about 4 years now. Its easy money but you have to have a good management team with good bonus plan in place to make money. My first year i made 50k....i worked hard getting myself out there and making my customers happy. Now i get lots of business from my other customers because i treated them well. 2nd year i made 90k and have not gone under that. You have good weeks and bad weeks. It all depends where you work etc. I started with a Dodge dealer who specialzed in bad credit etc but i sold 20 neons a month...most were not for alot of profit but with the unit bonus i made out. Used cars is where you make your bill money...if a car is traded in at a low price then the profit margin is much higher. Say you trade in a 04GT and the dealer gives them 12,000...now i sell it for 18,000 thats a 6,000 dollar deal for the company and i will get 1/3 of that 6k. Do a few nice used cars a month and dealing with the idiots buying new cars isn't so bad.