Got another car, not a ford but I couldn't resist!

Tom95gt

Oct 10, 2007
South Jersey
I got my hands on a 1981 Trans-Am Special Edition, All original, 31,000 original miles, turbo 301, automatic, t-tops, 4 wheel disc, pretty much every option available back then. Just has minor rust, it's been garged most of it's life. Picked it up for $2,000.

Here some pics, I have the original wheels with original tires so obviously they don't hold air. It's dirty too

trans-am1.jpg

trans-am2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

To be honest, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it lol I would love to restore but I'm also trying to finish my stang. I might drive it the way it is for a little bit (I'm sure a couple will appreciate an original, unrestored car instead of nit-pickin every spot of rust) then once our garage is up, I'll start tearing it down. It won't need much work at all.

Chris what planet are you from. :rlaugh: Good find. That car's value is going up up up and you bought it at the right time. I had a 301c.i. motor in a Buick once. It actually kicked butt because it was in a smaller car. I believe that is a 70's watered down turbo with 185HP but I have always wondered how far you could take the 301 with boost and air? Does it have forged internals?

Chris what planet are you from. :rlaugh: Good find. That car's value is going up up up and you bought it at the right time. I had a 301c.i. motor in a Buick once. It actually kicked butt because it was in a smaller car. I believe that is a 70's watered down turbo with 185HP but I have always wondered how far you could take the 301 with boost and air? Does it have forged internals?

I have no idea lol I'm learning little bit more about this car everyday. It's a funky set-up. I'll get some interior pics and engine bay pics

It's Alive! lol Got the carb cleaned up and it fired right up. Motor is sound, no noises nothing. Took it down the road rides amazing for how old it is. Tranny's a little rough, I'll have to get that flushed but all in all not bad at all.