Got another F*** with the car..

Keasbey

Jun 12, 2003
Montreal
Okay.. so..

Here's the problem, since I've changed my fuel pump.. my car worked only for a ride.. and it is already broken, she don't want to start anymore.. except if I put her in a warmest place like a garage( 'cause we've got freaking cold temp. in here..).. And this morning I've tried to start her.. the engine were rotating but nothing, I've tried a second time, same, 3 time,it were doing some explosion but when I have stopped to turn the key.. the car stopped to do explosions.. and now when I turn the key.. nothing happened.. and my battery is recharged..

Here's the things that I know that they are okay:

-Battery is fine
-spark plugs are O.K
-wires are O.K
-distributor is OK
-Rotor is OK
-oil has been changed yesterday night so it's ok
-Air filter is ok

And this is the things that I suspected:

-Starter is ***** up(when I turn the key.. we're just hearing a little click)
-Maybe the fuel pump is not working properly
-My thermostat seal is leaking(dunno if it can be a cause)
-My computer is an homo

So.. what's your point of view?

• Sponsors (?)

First you need to make sure your battery is charged and all the connections good

Then try to start it. nothing then check for spark and fuel. If you have both then your timing is off.

sounds like you have no juice to turn the starter over. (the clicking)
or could be the starter solenoid.

chaka said:
First you need to make sure your battery is charged and all the connections good

Then try to start it. nothing then check for spark and fuel. If you have both then your timing is off.

sounds like you have no juice to turn the starter over. (the clicking)
or could be the starter solenoid.

I've got spark and fuel, I've recharged the battery just before trying to start her..it couldn't be the timing.. 'cause I've done a ride with it yesterday night and it were perfect..

anybody else? =S

Well obviously there is some kind of a fuel problem as well, if it cranked over and wouldn't start, but had spark. Did you change the filter? Is there power at the fuel pumP Could be a the fuel pump relay or somethin? Check and make sure the fuel pump is working right. IT should pump for like three seconds after you turn the key to the on position. Sounds like multiple problems to me. I am guessing battery (cold weather and running it down could kill it). Take it by the parts store and have them test for CCA, volts mean nothing without amps.