Got Another Turbocoupe!

Turbobob

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2002
N.B.,Canada
That's right!!! Another one!! Actually Red25th4Banger and myself went in together on one. It's in rough shape (not roadworthy) but has some good parts still. I need a tranny , 'cause mine leaks fluid through the yoke seal and now whines , and Derrek wants a disc brake rear with 3:55 gears for his turbo Stang. Well that pays for the car right there bt there's plenty of good parts to go yet :D We're pretty psyched. I'm going to polish the daylight out of the 16" wheels. And the hood is going on my XR7 TurboCougar I aquired recently too :nice: . Between us this car will be very usefull.
Here's a couple of pics. Check out the turbo in two pieces , and the guy tryed to tell us there was nothing wrong with the motor :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 87TurbocoupeforParts.jpg
    87TurbocoupeforParts.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 238
  • TwoPieceTurbo.jpg
    TwoPieceTurbo.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 260
  • Sponsors (?)

Parts

We (Derrek and I) won't know till a little later exactly what we'll sell off it. The fly whell may be a strong possibility seeing I've already got one on my car. The valve cover looks strong to go as well being we've both got a couple anyways. :D We'll let you all know for sure what'll go though. :canflag:

Hey guys I see the requests have already started to come in! I hope we can help you guys out with anything we aren't using. The valve cover is a go and I don't believe I need the dash pad eithor. So I think we can help you guy out. The computer is a LA3 and yes it is a 5 speed guys. I don't think we need the computer but I check with Bob to be sure.

Glad to see this car is going to find a good home helping as many turbo fords as possible!

Ok so far I think this is a partial list of what's spoken for in the car:
Tranny (bob)
Rear disk setup (me)
Rims
Eq (me)
Seats (me)
Climate control (bob)
Hood (bob)
Intercooler (bob)
Vam (me)
Injectors (me)

Flywheel (Lx89Stang05)?
Valve cover (CruzNlife1)?
Dash pad (351wcoupe)?
Computer (mr_woodster)?

I think everything else is available so if you guys need anything just let us know and we'll se what we can do.

good Find

Thanks 140. I think Derrek and I are going to have a serious powwow on this car to get what we need figured out for sure so that you guys can take advantage of our find as well. Give us a couple of days to discuss and figure it out. I have to check my flywheel before I give the go for that. The dash pad is a go as Derrek said. Valve cover is a go too. And we'll see on the computer.
Thanks for the great responses guys :nice:

Just curious, how many miles does the car have on it?

I'm not sure how much disassembly you guys are willing to do, but I need several parts off the engine, if the price is right. Namely, I need the fuel rail, lower intake (if it's less than $20), alternator/power steering brackets (with power steering pump still attached if possible), throttle body, and possibly the distributor too. Also what kinda shape are the taillights in?

Anyway if one of you guys could PM me with prices/info, that'd be great.

Parts

OK I don't know about Derrek , but I'm takin names and makin lists :lol: . Like I said in a couple of days we'll know what's what for sure.

RedLX I got your list and I think you'll be good for almost all of it. It has pretty high milage at 260,000km. Partial disassembly is not a prob for us , we've done it before :lol: The tailights aren't that good. Left is good but the right was replaced with a different one. Not blacked out like the other.And it has a crack too :notnice:

If you have a need let us know , we may not be using it and let it go :D