got beat last night

2002BLGT

Dec 18, 2003
Bedford VA
got my vortech last night and got beat last night , i have full length exhaust , x pipe with converters, 8lbs vortech , not tuned yet , stock everything else , he had 4.10s , slicks and control arms and he had it professionally tuned , what do i need to run this guy down , he got me from a roll , pulled a car off the bat and then we stayed even , i wanna be able to run him down in third , oh and my engine wasnt cold and i dont have an intercooler yet . if i ice down my intake , do you guys think i can spank him ?? he ran 8.18 in an 1/8th before getting it tuned , whats that in a quarter ??

• Sponsors (?)

2002BLGT said:
got my vortech last night and got beat last night , i have full length exhaust , x pipe with converters, 8lbs vortech , not tuned yet , stock everything else , he had 4.10s , slicks and control arms and he had it professionally tuned , what do i need to run this guy down , he got me from a roll , pulled a car off the bat and then we stayed even , i wanna be able to run him down in third , oh and my engine wasnt cold and i dont have an intercooler yet . if i ice down my intake , do you guys think i can spank him ?? he ran 8.18 in an 1/8th before getting it tuned , whats that in a quarter ??

Dude all you need is to get your dyno tune...you'll walk him. Oh and better get some gears to man. Dyno tune will give you mad power and gears will give you much lower ET's and you'll blast off the line. I'd say gears and good dyno tune atleast 1/2 second off your ET. Get the 3.73 or 4.10s if you like

Can i walk him without the gears , but with some 275 40 drag radials and stock gears if i get it dyno tuned and ice down my intake , i was thinking about taking a can of freon to spray on it right before we race tap the can and spray down the intake tube really good because its ALOT faster when its half warmed up and it was HOT when we raced , if anything 355 or 373s if i change the gears will be what i will do there , im not on the 410 band wagon , personal preference on mine

yea its called highway 29 from lynchburg VA to mad heights VA , bunch of camaros and trans ams down there to pick on , just this one ls1 is pretty good out the hole , I guess thats what i get for jumping on the biggest dog out the bunch first thing , rest of the guys are running 8.50s in the 1/8 , this guys probably running a 8.0 since he got his car tuned . I wanna blow the doors off him , hes got a big head about his car being so fast , but he only races people he knows he can take , he knew i was going to spin last night is why he ran me last night .

2002BLGT said:
Can i walk him without the gears , but with some 275 40 drag radials and stock gears if i get it dyno tuned and ice down my intake , i was thinking about taking a can of freon to spray on it right before we race tap the can and spray down the intake tube really good because its ALOT faster when its half warmed up and it was HOT when we raced , if anything 355 or 373s if i change the gears will be what i will do there , im not on the 410 band wagon , personal preference on mine

4.10 bandwagon huh? Yeah you do have a GT so 3.73 would probably be better. I have 4.10s in my 98 cobra and wish i wouldve gotten 4.30s cuz i could use a little more at the end personally, I forgot the GTs peak b4 the cobras and you guys power is more down low and off the line while the cobra doesnt have crap down low and has to be screamed to the mooooon. Personally if i were you i would get the 3.73, drag radials, and dyno tune and be running deep 12's and definetly walk that guy who beat you last nite. But u gotta figure he's not keepin his car the way it is, he's a stanger he's gunna step up to man so go for broke man.

yea he mentioned spraying it last night , which he might already have and not be telling anybody , but as hot as my car was i kinda figured he might have a chance , if my car was cold even with slick tires i think i would smoke by him on top end even know , i asked him if he wanted to do it again if i went and got some ice for my intake and he declined the challenge LOL , i think he knew what was up after i was just about to pull up on his bumper at 100mph , i think he was losin some steam compared to me at that speed , but we both backed off , i cant wait to get a dyno tune

2002BLGT said:
hes got a big head about his car being so fast , but he only races people he knows he can take.

Sounds like most of the ricers I know. What a 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me'

My car's near stock and I'd race an '03 Cobra just to hear the blower whine as he walked away from me.

I alread hate this GM friend of yours. Not for driving Chevys but for being a sackless coward.

Why did this message board edit my post? What's this "kiss me" 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me'? Notice the "*" done to prevent further editing of my message. What? You can't call another man a p*ssy in here without being censorded? Hey censors, 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me' OFF!