Got me a Virginain Dragoon...

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
It was made on April 16, 1974.

It looks brand new.
Its a .44 Magnum with a 7 inch barrel (I think its 7, I havent really measured it yet)

I was goigg shooting yestewrday and my dad asked me if I wanted another gun to shoot. Well I never turn down shooting a gun so He let me have it.

We shot TONS of guns yesterday. Heres what I can remember.
My M1 Carbine, A few Shotguns, Colt .45's, about 4 .45 Revolvers, 4 .44 Mags, 45-70 Lever Action, AK-47 (Me and my buddy did Talking Guns with my M1 and his AK), 30-06, and about 5 more that I cant remember. We shot about 5000 rounds total.

Well heres some pics of the gun I got.
Picture1170.jpg

Picture1172.jpg

Picture1173.jpg

Attachments

• Picture1170.jpg
    Picture1170.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture1172.jpg
    Picture1172.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture1173.jpg
    Picture1173.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Sponsors (?)

Well this barrel is pretty heavy.
I kinda wish it was a little lighter b/c it tends to make you want to point it down a hair when holding it.
But its a pretty badass gun.

Anybody shoot a .50 cal Magnum revolver, yet? I really want to do that, soon. My brother came home on leave with a .480 Ruger, but it's not a Magnum round. Still hits pretty hard, though.

I've heard that even guys that shoot big bore revolvers a lot don't like those new .500 magnums for more than a few rounds. I would LOVE to know how that feels. My uncle loaded-up some HOT .357's once that I loved. Used bullets that were on the "large" side of the tolerance....WOW!!!!!! Came up over my head! Sorry, "gun crazy" moment.

I enjoy guns as much as the next man... but pointing a loaded gun at your face is just plain retarded.

Anybody shoot a .50 cal Magnum revolver, yet?

Never shot one. There's a guy at my range that uses it for white tail and boar hunting, but it seems to me that a rifle in .30-'06 or .300 magnum is more accurate and deadlier in the field. He's got it set up with a scope and a buttstock attached to the grip. It sounds like a bomb going off every time he fires it.

Adam

Nice volver, I've shot some cowboy action before, and spent some time with some .44's.

My Dad had a .357 Raging bull for a while, that was pretty cool. No kick because the barrel was freakin 12" long. :D

My favorite still was my Glock 17. I had the trigger modded, and a recoil spring in the slide. Did a lot better in competitions :D

I've heard that even guys that shoot big bore revolvers a lot don't like those new .500 magnums for more than a few rounds. I would LOVE to know how that feels. My uncle loaded-up some HOT .357's once that I loved. Used bullets that were on the "large" side of the tolerance....WOW!!!!!! Came up over my head! Sorry, "gun crazy" moment.
My buddy had some hot rounds for our .44's. Imagine 2 feet of fire shooting out of the barrel :flame:

Anyone think the second pic is a tad........I dunno dangerous?
The two bullets you see are the only two in the gun. Even though I didnt even have the hammer pulled back (single action) Im not dumb enough to point it at myself with a bullet in the chamber. This aint my first rodeo. I had the bullets in because it dosent look as good with out them from that angle. I wish I would have had some of my dads hydroshock bullets for the pic.