Got my 2006 Stang Gt at Invoice yeaa

johnnytuinals

Banned
May 27, 2005
I ordered a 2006 black Stang Gt Premium at X-Plan on 07/07/05 and was givien a Dora and all that good stuff.Been calling my dealer up and they said i was the first to get a Stang Gt,,But they just got a 2006 red automatic,but i wanted manual trans.Anyway my dealer told me he pushed up my order and i will get a vin# soon.I even called the ford 800# and still C/U dammmm

Called a few dealers around the Pa. area and most had no Gts and all told me they will not give me X-plan even if they had the car.One dealer had a new 2005 but still wanted sticker dammmm

I called the last dealer about 40 mins away and see if they had any Stang Gts for sale at X-Plan and the salesmanager told me he had only 1 that he can sell at X-Plan....

I took my time in going to the dealer lolllll I was ratter slow at that lol...
Went inside and spoken to the salesmanger and showed him I had a X-Plan on the contract from the other dealer and thought since i didnot get the car yet that I might be able to use the same X-Plan number....

He told me screw the X-Plan and he'll give me the car at INVOICE...
I told him great so i bought a 2006 Satin Silver GT(really wanted Black}
And it has the 5 speed auromatic trans (really want Manual trans}
with the shaker 1000 (really only wanted the shaker 500}
With the red seats and custom dash board...

Sticker $30,125.00
iinvoice $27,857

Now i hope thats a deal....I asked the sales manager after the sale way did he sell me the only GT he had and the only one in the area,,and he said he wanted a sale lollllll.

yea baby the car is very nice.JohnnyT :banana: :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

johnnytuinals said:
I ordered a 2006 black Stang Gt Premium at X-Plan on 07/07/05 and was givien a Dora and all that good stuff.Been calling my dealer up and they said i was the first to get a Stang Gt,,But they just got a 2006 red automatic,but i wanted manual trans.Anyway my dealer told me he pushed up my order and i will get a vin# soon.I even called the ford 800# and still C/U dammmm

Called a few dealers around the Pa. area and most had no Gts and all told me they will not give me X-plan even if they had the car.One dealer had a new 2005 but still wanted sticker dammmm

I called the last dealer about 40 mins away and see if they had any Stang Gts for sale at X-Plan and the salesmanager told me he had only 1 that he can sell at X-Plan....

I took my time in going to the dealer lolllll I was ratter slow at that lol...
Went inside and spoken to the salesmanger and showed him I had a X-Plan on the contract from the other dealer and thought since i didnot get the car yet that I might be able to use the same X-Plan number....

He told me screw the X-Plan and he'll give me the car at INVOICE...
I told him great so i bought a 2006 Satin Silver GT(really wanted Black}
And it has the 5 speed auromatic trans (really want Manual trans}
with the shaker 1000 (really only wanted the shaker 500}
With the red seats and custom dash board...

Sticker $30,125.00
iinvoice $27,857

Now i hope thats a deal....I asked the sales manager after the sale way did he sell me the only GT he had and the only one in the area,,and he said he wanted a sale lollllll.

yea baby the car is very nice.JohnnyT :banana: :banana:
I think invoice for your car is like $24,138. I ordered exactly what I wanted. No X-Plan Black GT, manual, IUP red leather, shaker 500, side air bags, Brushed Aluminum wheels, anti theft for MSRP something like 500.00 more than you paid. Should have just ordered what you wanted for 500.00 bucks. So unless i'm wrong, I think you got yours at MSRP too. What happened to the x-plan? Congrats :nice:

jfischer said:
No way if the MSRP on the window sticker is $30,125. The invoice price he posted looks correct for an MSRP of $30K.
I'm not real good at this but isn't that because sticker for his car had a market value markup? I think invoice for his car is 24,138. I think he paid closer to msrp. no :shrug:

well I am looking as of now on my window sticker and it says Total MSRP $30,125.00
Got the automatic 5 speed $995 really wanted the manual but thats ok.
Got the Shaker 1000 and that was $1295,but really would have got the shacker 500
Interior Upgrade $450 and the Interior Color Accent package $175.....
I would think with the automatic and shacker 1000 it adds up.
I was thinking with the X-Plan with the Mustang premium with manual and shacker 500and interior upgrade would have been around,and i am only guessing $26,500-$27,000........
Why did I not wait?
I felt I would have to wait a long time for the dealer to get me the car that I wanted.
I am seeing everyone getting their VINS#
And I am still C/U and ordered my car on 07/07/05
And I feel that I was surposed to get the First Mustang GT that comes into the dealer that the owner told me,But that was not true because they just got a Gt in this week and others this month..And I feel if I don't have a VIN# now i might be waiting till next year in getting one.
I think INVOICE is about $2000-$2500 off of the MSRP.And i feel thats a deal,Tell me if i am wrong because i see many people paying MSRP but I only payed $27,857and if you take off the automatic at $995 it would be $26,857 and if you also take off the shacker 1000 its another $1300 and that would be $25,557..Still think i did not get screwed..........
Have a dealer that sells Stang Gts near me and a Manual and shacker 500 would be around $28,880 MSRP and I got more....JohnnyT

johnnytuinals said:
well I am looking as of now on my window sticker and it says Total MSRP $30,125.00
Got the automatic 5 speed $995 really wanted the manual but thats ok.
Got the Shaker 1000 and that was $1295,but really would have got the shacker 500
Interior Upgrade $450 and the Interior Color Accent package $175.....
I would think with the automatic and shacker 1000 it adds up.
I was thinking with the X-Plan with the Mustang premium with manual and shacker 500and interior upgrade would have been around,and i am only guessing $26,500-$27,000........
Why did I not wait?
I felt I would have to wait a long time for the dealer to get me the car that I wanted.
I am seeing everyone getting their VINS#
And I am still C/U and ordered my car on 07/07/05
And I feel that I was surposed to get the First Mustang GT that comes into the dealer that the owner told me,But that was not true because they just got a Gt in this week and others this month..And I feel if I don't have a VIN# now i might be waiting till next year in getting one.
I think INVOICE is about $2000-$2500 off of the MSRP.And i feel thats a deal,Tell me if i am wrong because i see many people paying MSRP but I only payed $27,857and if you take off the automatic at $995 it would be $26,857 and if you also take off the shacker 1000 its another $1300 and that would be $25,557..Still think i did not get screwed..........
Have a dealer that sells Stang Gts near me and a Manual and shacker 500 would be around $28,880 MSRP and I got more....JohnnyT
That's right, forgetting about the auto and 1000. So I think that's right about what you would have got with the X-plan on msrp. It's not invoice. Invoice is $24,138 Then add your options. I'm not an expert so maybe someone will explain. I haven't bought a lot of new cars. The last one was 13 years ago.

That is still a good deal eventhough you did not get x-plan. We just picked ours up yesterday for x-plan price and I think it saved us about $50 compared to invoice.

I think you'll be happy with your Mustang, but you got screwed over pretty bad. I custom ordered my 'Stang, and It was around $26,000. You'll have many good years, but you should've checked edmunds.com and see what others are paying in your area. Sorry

Do they even have red seats for the 2006 model?

Johnny,

You got a Mustang. Enjoy the thing and try not to sweat the small stuff. You did not get screwed. I so dislike that expression. :mad:

Due to the aspect of opportunity cost you paid for items that you would not have paid for if you had ordered it and had it shipped. However, as a consumer, you opted to factor in opportunity cost to get your car NOW. Do not feel screwed, feel happy that you have the GT. :nice:

There are many people out there, like myself, who paid over MSRP and still do not feel violated, screwed or upset. It is a personal decision I made. I have bought 3 Mustangs and 2 Explorers from the same dealership. I know all the gimmicks and I know all the Plans, I wanted this car and was willing to "make love" (get screwed and dry at that) to this dealer to walk out the door with it. I have NEVER regretted it.

Hey, it's only money and you only live once.

Jenn

Jenns05Stang said:
Johnny,
I know all the gimmicks and I know all the Plans, I wanted this car and was willing to "make love" (get screwed and dry at that) to this dealer to walk out the door with it. Jenn
WHOA, I knew I was in the wrong business. Is your dealer hiring? :rlaugh:

Berserker said:
WHOA, I knew I was in the wrong business. Is your dealer hiring? :rlaugh:

Hahahahaha..... Let's just say..They call me when something new comes in they think I'll like. They make a good amount of $, I get the car I want and we all go away from the deal happy and satisfied. :nice:

Are you ready for that mud wrestling match yet? I can send gp your way. :rlaugh:

Jenn

Yep i really wanted a manuual I have had Maunals in my 1995 stang Gt and my 2000 stang Gt and manual in my 2003 stang Gt.
Reason is like many of you,you might have put a order in and thought you would get the car at X-Plan sometime before the New Year.
The last few days I see at the dealers are just getting V6s and maybe a GT here and there that has been sold and i am thinking its gong to be like the 2005s again...Put your orders in on a GT and change it over again in 2006 for a 2007.
So thats the way I felt on sat,and also not having a VIN# also hurts,
So I am glad that I was able to get the GT at invoive and shocked that the dealer would do a deal like that with a GT on his lot..So I got a 5 speed auto and shaker 1000 but still i didnot pay MSRP otherwise it would have hurt a bit.And i would think if you call enough dealers the last day of the month you might be able to get the Car at Invoice since most of you don't have a X-Plan..
Beggers cannot be choosey sometimes thats the way I felt sat.And If i waited for what i wanted and not getting it ,I would be kicking myself..

Thanks yea all for helping me out,almost bought a GTO lol....JohnnyT