Got my car dynoed today

88GThatchback

Founding Member
Jul 8, 2002
Livermore, CA
I got my car dynoed today. Wondering what you guys thought. I was expecting a little more hp. The two lower hp runs were in 3rd gear and the other 2 in 4th gear. Hopefully you can see the chart ok. Heres my mods:
MSD 6AL, MSD Blaster TFI Coil, FMS plug wires, 2 Chamber Flowmasters dumped, Steeda Tri-Ax, BBK Cold Air, Energy Suspension engine and tranny mount, Maximum Motorsports standard subframe connectors, Autometer Oil Pressure & Water Temp on Piller, X2C Upper & Lower Control arms, FMS 3.73 gears, FMS Aluminum Driveshaft, Eibach Pro-Kit, Tokico Illumina 5-way Adj. Shocks & Struts, 17x8 ROH Snyper wheels w/ 245/45/17 Yokohama ES-100 tires, BBK Shortie Header, BBK High Flow H-pipe.
1_image002.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I think you may have been guessing more along the lines of flywheel HP? The engine totally stock put out 225 HP.........at the flywheel. With a 15% parasitic loss to the rear wheels (assuming manual tranny), 190 is about what you should end up with.

NKau said:
I think you may have been guessing more along the lines of flywheel HP? The engine totally stock put out 225 HP.........at the flywheel. With a 15% parasitic loss to the rear wheels (assuming manual tranny), 190 is about what you should end up with.
he's not bone stock. I would think the cold air intake and flowmasters would be worth at least 15-20 rwhp, but I guess not. He's also got an ignition set up, so wouldn't that allow it to burn better, thus helping produce max hp? I don't know, but the dyno isn't lying. I bet before the mods, it would have dyno'd low...175ish. Have you checked compression by any chance? It doesn't seem like a big deal and I wouldn't worry about it, but it would be kinda nice to know that you're pushing good compression :nice:

I dynoed at 210RWHP and 270 RWTQ and I had BBK Headers, O/R H pipe and 2 chamber flows along w/ Underdrive Pullies and a removed air silencer and bumped timming. Thats about all I had for power mods. W/ the C&L 76MM Mass air system and the cobra Intake I picked up another 21 RWPH and 15 FT LBS TQ