Got my Cervini Heat Extractor put on :-) but why are the vents covered?

Hey,

Hope you guys are all having a great weekend, I just picked up my car from having my new Cervini`s Heat Extractor Hood (Part#1179) painted and installed.

I`ve got a couple questions though, first off I opened the hood and noticed right away that where the stainless steel vents were there was a plastic covering screwed on, basically making the vents non functional. Anyone know why that would be? Any issues with me taking them off so that it actually is a heat extractor hood not a "looks like a heat extractor and could be a heat extractor hood but we'll plug up the holes" hood?

Secondly is there any way that I can put a set of hood struts on this hood rather than using the prop (it always looks so much better that way) or will it cause issues because the hood is fiberglass (fyi in case it makes a difference I'm using the factory latch to keep the hood down).

Cheers,

Matt

• Sponsors (?)

I was reading through a set of pdf instructions I found online, turns out that they call these "drip pans" basically it looks like to collect water when it rains etc, but is that necessary? The GT500 has vents that vent right into the engine right and no issues that I know of there.

Also the only reason I was worried about the hood struts was that I heard that they shouldn't be used, or can cause issues on fiberglass hoods causing them to not align properly since they flex more so I'm guessing. Am I totally off on that one, maybe I'm getting things confused.

Lastly its not the best day outside in terms of weather, but I'll do what I can to get some pics up ASAP.

Cheers,

Have a great Sunday.
Matt