Got my cobra brakes etc on, pic + question!

91LX_5L

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
British Columbia
IMG_1382.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality pic.

Anyways I got them on, but when I spin my rim it makes a rubbing noise. Its the pad contacting the rotor, is this normal? I heard it was but that makes NO sence to me why it would rub, wouldnt you notice it on your car now or is it just because its brand new pads?

Thanks!! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Disc brake pads always rub a bit on the rotor. The caliper applies pressure when you press the brake pedal. When you release the pedal, you relieve the pressure, but there is no means to retract the caliper furthur than just relieving the pressure. The caliper continually moving out as the pads wear is how disc brakes are "self-adjusting".

I got them from stangsuspension for a good deal. Ill let u guys know how they hold up and what I think of them once i get on em, cars off the road for another month or so.

Now friday Ill tackle the rear baer 13" upgrade kit!

Ok thanks Matt, thats what I thought it just seems that they rub fairly good, the wheel will do like a good 3 rotations tho once i getter goin.

yea its pretty good still, would like a new job just because little stuff pisses me off.

heres a pic when its clean
newlights.jpg

Except now I have a big chip in my hood from a damn tractor trailer that flung a rock at it! :(