Got my Edge converter in.

• Sponsors (?)

1hot5.0 said:
On the foot brake? Haven't tried it yet. If I floor it from a stop it goes up to 2,600 rpm right away and keeps climbing.

Well hurry up and go try it!! I want to know! LOL :D I'm interested what RPM it will hold up to. I want to be able to launch mine at least at 2300 or 2400.

gcomfx.com said:
Will do here's a pic:

album_pic.php

I'm going to get the car ready tomorrow night, jack it up, remove drive shaft, and h-pipe, unhook everything and drain the converter. Wed night my buddy is coming by to help slap it in! :banana:

What stall speed did you get on yours? What was the price, if you don't mind?

I'm sure this info is out there, but the search seems to have pissadeared. :shrug:

I decided to go with a PI since I couldn't find enough 94-95 guys that had long term experience with Edge. But from the quote Andre gave me last week a 2800 stall Street Edge is $565.

Last time I checked the 2800 stall converters from Edge are ~$375, and the new 9.5" 3000+ stall converters are $525 and can handle more power, last time I e-mailed them they said they didn't have the new converters in production yet because they were waiting for some parts.

willys1 said:
That didnt come out rite,,,,,A high stall speed conv. tends to give you a smoother shift with the stock valve body :rolleyes:

A shift kit is next on my list. I don't know though, I'm still barking second.

By the way that reminds me... I also noticed the car is holding gears longer now. At wot, it shifts at about 5,300 to 5,400. :shrug:

1hot5.0 said:
A shift kit is next on my list. I don't know though, I'm still barking second.

By the way that reminds me... I also noticed the car is holding gears longer now. At wot, it shifts at about 5,300 to 5,400. :shrug:
Huh,when I got my converter my shifts were pretty firm also,but PI's told me they would be smoother.I wouldnt bother then if I were you.But one thing you must do is get a tranny cooler.You tranny is gonna run real hot rite now,heat is the worst enemy for the aode.

Thats what mine shifts at when I have the shifter in the "D" position.When I have it in the "OD" position it shifts at 49--5000rpm,and believe it or not its about 2 tenths faster in the 1/4 when I shift it 49--5000!!! My motor is stock with bolt ons.

KingDiamond said:
Last time I checked the 2800 stall converters from Edge are ~$375, and the new 9.5" 3000+ stall converters are $525 and can handle more power, last time I e-mailed them they said they didn't have the new converters in production yet because they were waiting for some parts.

Actually they are $565 for the new ones.... I supposedly have #3 off the new production line. It goes in the car tonight. I took a quick video of a before brake stall and launch off idle and will do the same after the install and I drive it to work tomorrow. It'll probably be too dark to take the video tonight. But I'll get them posted as soon as I can.

I'll also take a pic of the stock stall and the new one side by side for those that haven't seen the difference. It's amazing how different they are. :nice:

Oh and all the talk about the tranny coolers.... I haven't put mine on yet, I'm going to do that this winter when I put the summitt radiator in, Andre actually says the new edge converts are tighter built, so they produce LESS heat then the stock ones, so they will run cooler. :shrug:

gcomfx.com said:
I took a quick video of a before brake stall and launch off idle and will do the same after the install and I drive it to work tomorrow. It'll probably be too dark to take the video tonight. But I'll get them posted as soon as I can.

I'll be interested to see if my stall acts like yours based on those vids. :nice:

mystang94gt said:
1hot5.0 have you tried to see how high it will stall with your foot on the break yet?

No, but I'll tell you what. I have a night class I have to leave for in about an hour. I'll try on my way there, and let you know tomorrow morning. I don't expect it to be that miuch higher than stock (if any) especially on street tires. :shrug: