Got My Screamin Yellow 05', WOOO HOOOO!!

5.8CAPRI

Founding Member
Mar 3, 2001
Lake Stevens, WA
Just went out looking tonight, and after going to 3 dealers that were unwilling to budge from second sticker, found one that would give me MSRP. :nice: So now in my driveway sits a car I have drooled over since its intial concept debut. :D , Didn't get a great deal, but sure got a great car!! It is a Yellow fully loaded every freakin option available automatic that had 198 miles on the odometer. :nice: Now I had better injoy it quick, I leave to eat sand in 2 months. :flag:
BTW, Anyone want some "upgrade" wheels??

• Sponsors (?)

Well congratulations and welcome to the stang club! I just got my Redfire GT a little over a week ago and I can't seem to stay out of the thing! Good luck with it!

:flag: Good luck, stay safe over there! .... GO NAVY! (my son is a Navy Sea Cadet and is in the high school Marine ROTC program, he's looking toward a military career when he gets out next year) :flag:

Congrats!
Welcome to the club. Get ready for people actin the fool and driving like idiots as they check out your new ride. I prefer leaving them in the dust.

I got my Silver GT mid Nov. Been the most fun I've had in a long time.

:cheers:

Jersey- Thanks, and staying safe over there is what will pay for my car :D

Louie- yep, that was 30 and change with every goody you can get on the car. More than I wanted, but I'll learn to deal with it. :banana: O.K. I have learned to deal with it. I updated my profile I Currently live in Lake Stevens, WA, 40miles north of Seattle. I bought My car from Harris Ford in Lynnwood, at MSRP.

Thanks Everyone, Already had my first Drool session when I picked the kids up from Our friends house. I had 5 adults and 6 kids of various ages out almost licking my car. :hail2:

Yeah I know I got it in the behind for paying MSRP for a car with nearly 200 miles, :( , But beings I get to eat sand in 2 months, I did not have the luxery of taking my time and looking around, at least if I wanted to drive it at all. The local dealers wanted anywhere from 2500 to 6000 above MSRP, so I jumped on the one that would take MSRP, plus they were by far the Best to deal with.

Spent all day Driving it today, and I LOVE THIS CAR!! :D , besides being fun to drive, I may as well be driving a Lambo for how people react. :banana:
BTW, I do have the IUP, and it has an all black leather interior with the brushed aluminum dash and accents. :nice:

JMHO, but since you have to go 'eat sand' pretty soon, I believe that a dealership should be required to give you at least a reasonable deal, if not a very good deal, on a new car. :flag:
Btw, can you post some pics of your car? I (and I'm sure others) would love to see it!

not sure if this will work, but here goes....
2005screaminyellowstang.msnw
can't get the pic to work, but Here is the link

Well for those of you that have not experienced the difference between the stock 05GT and the Screamin Yellow SYQ, it’s a world of difference. No wheel hop, better, flatter high speed turns. Oh and just the exhaust note is enough to make every pedestrian turn their heads. Then the pointing begins after they realize its an 05 Mustang. Gotta love a car that makes people point and stare! One of the things I strongly recommend is the Steeda Tri-Ax shifter. There is no way you will miss a shift. I have never felt a car that shifts this well. :nice:

Capri, that's a sweet lookin car! Are you planning on changing the size of the wheels or add any other color to the car, like black stripes or anything?

bishopsales said:
Well for those of you that have not experienced the difference between the stock 05GT and the Screamin Yellow SYQ, it’s a world of difference. No wheel hop, better, flatter high speed turns. Oh and just the exhaust note is enough to make every pedestrian turn their heads. Then the pointing begins after they realize its an 05 Mustang. Gotta love a car that makes people point and stare! One of the things I strongly recommend is the Steeda Tri-Ax shifter. There is no way you will miss a shift. I have never felt a car that shifts this well. :nice:

What is the Screamin Yellow SYQ? I thought Screaming Yellow was just the yellow color? Sorry if I missed this in another thread. I'd better go do some research I guess!

bishopsales: I really like the looks of that car. I wonder how much it will cost, and how I can get one in the next year? Will there be a limited amount of them made? Or does a person have to buy the parts and mod their own? Sorry for the stupid questions. Thanks for the link!

Another edit: I wonder what the view of the hood is like from inside the car?

Thanks for clarifying that. I thought it was a Steeda something, just couldn't quite decipher that whole SYQ thing. I bet it performs freakin awesome. Can't wait till I can afford some upgrades. :D Not sure I like that chin spoiler though, just looks "tacked on". I would like to do Some black graphics with some Hyperblack wheels though. What are some available spring/shock combos?

merlinsteele said:
bishopsales: I really like the looks of that car. I wonder how much it will cost, and how I can get one in the next year? Will there be a limited amount of them made? Or does a person have to buy the parts and mod their own? Sorry for the stupid questions. Thanks for the link!

Another edit: I wonder what the view of the hood is like from inside the car?

There are no stupid questions. In order to get a "numbered" car you must buy the complete car. There are various levels thought so you dont have to drop 45K to get a numbered car. There at present is Three levels. The first is quite mild with mainly dress-up/exterior styling, to the Level 3 which is our car. This car is as close to a "race" setup as you can get at the moment(of course as time goes on, more parts will be produced) most of which is suspension tweaks. Pricing is still in the works. For American enquires go to www.steeda.com and for Canada go to www.steedacanada.com.

Now of course you are able to get all these parts seperate and build up the car yourself and turn it into the very same car over time, it just will not be a "numbered" car.

The hood is functional. There is an opening near the windshield which vacums air off the windshield and into the engine bay which in turn keeps the temp. down. It is a two piece construction. A good friend of mine who has been painting cars since he was 16 years old said that it was one of the finest fiberglass pieces that he had seen in years. Very little prep work went into it to give it the look it has now. I believe if you go to the news section or gallery at www.steeda.com they have some pics of the car with the hood open at SEMA.

At the moment we have the Steeda lowering springs. There are struts in the works but not yet released. I believe(dont quote me on this) ;) but I have heard that Steeda is beating up on an 05 as we speak testing some yet to be released parts.

bishopsales said:
The hood is functional. There is an opening near the windshield which vacums air off the windshield and into the engine bay which in turn keeps the temp. down. It is a two piece construction.

I wonder what the hood looks like from inside the car itself. Can you visibly see the 'function' of the hood in any way? The reason I'm asking is because I used to have an '80 Z28 that had some kind of flaps that opened up for air or something on kicking it in. It may not have been that big of a deal, but at the time, it seemed pretty cool.

Btw, Capri, thanks for posting a pic of your car. It would be nice to see more! I'm usually a 'red sports car' guy, but screamin yellow is really looking good to me, man! I may have to go with that color.... :hail2: