Got my SCT2 - now the questions....

screaminyellin6

Aug 29, 2005
I got my sct2 yesterday and 3 tunes. the Throttle lag seems to have somewhat disappeared, but still can't spin those tires from launch :(

The improvement is definitly noticeable especially at 20+mph when you stand on it hard, and shifting is real crisp now.

I got it for $379 from Dan at Realspeedauto.com. Since he is only about 15 miles from me I drove down to his shop. He's a really great guy who doesn't assume everyone is a certififed auto tech. He was at steeda for 10 years as a designer and knows what these cars are capable of. Once I save some more $ ( and wife doesn't notice it missing :rolleyes: ) I'm going to put it on his dyno and let him fine tune it (along with 3.73 gears).

He programmed my tuner and then he programmed my car with the first one and showed me how to use the tuner and walked me through it.

Now what else can I do with this SCT? I downloaded the tuner software from SCTflash, and it supposedly allows you to set certain parameters. Now my question is can I load another tune if someone emails me one onto my sct2?

Now I just need to decide what is best next - CAI or 3.73...... I'd like to get its launch, 0-60 and 1/4 numbers improved....

• Sponsors (?)

screaminyellin6 said:
I got my sct2 yesterday and 3 tunes. the Throttle lag seems to have somewhat disappeared, but still can't spin those tires from launch :(

The improvement is definitly noticeable especially at 20+mph when you stand on it hard, and shifting is real crisp now.

I got it for $379 from Dan at Realspeedauto.com. Since he is only about 15 miles from me I drove down to his shop. He's a really great guy who doesn't assume everyone is a certififed auto tech. He was at steeda for 10 years as a designer and knows what these cars are capable of. Once I save some more $ ( and wife doesn't notice it missing :rolleyes: ) I'm going to put it on his dyno and let him fine tune it (along with 3.73 gears).

He programmed my tuner and then he programmed my car with the first one and showed me how to use the tuner and walked me through it.

Now what else can I do with this SCT? I downloaded the tuner software from SCTflash, and it supposedly allows you to set certain parameters. Now my question is can I load another tune if someone emails me one onto my sct2?

Now I just need to decide what is best next - CAI or 3.73...... I'd like to get its launch, 0-60 and 1/4 numbers improved....

wow... something sounds off if you can't spin the the tire... heck I could hardly get my tire NOT to spin... when you say launch are you actually power brake launching or just slaming on the gas?

Yep, you use extreme tune load the .xtr files on to the X-Cal2 (.xtr are tunes that have been exported out of the software package your dealer uses). As you mentioned you can use it to make changes to things... like tire size and gear ratio... The thing I like the best was changing the shift schedule so it doen't upshift so early...

A good CAI will help you car breath better in the higher RPMs... and you may want to get rid of the restrictive stock muffler... the CAI and new mufferl should be good for around 20RWHP or so.. maybe a little more.. A CAI, muffler and tune added about 25RWHP for me...

The 3.73 will get you off the line quicker... i would recommend some type of Limited Slip Diff also if you going to change the gears... might as well put it in there while you have it opened up...

I'm still surprised thought by you comment that you can't spin your tire... dang... that's odd...