Got my Speedhut gauges today, minor issue.

Edit: Apparently they're all like this. Wrote them an email. Hopefully I can send that portion back to be corrected.

Got the gauges today and they look great, however, my redline is now at about 6700...and my stock gauges at about 5700. I saw that someone else's were the same way...

What gives? Should I send that one portion back?

They look the same on the website too...
http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge_dial_description-auto-Ford-auto_number-31.htm

Here's mine.
View attachment 234073

Also, if long enough, can I run my 4 gauges (speedo/tach, volts/oil, temp/fuel AND the AC panel) off of one inverter? The inverter has 4 dongles in a series.

Or should I use the additional inverter I was given and wire the AC one in separately?

• Sponsors (?)

Check my write up thread. I just did it last night. I had them set my redline @ 5800. They did it free of charge. I sent them an email BEFORE I ordered to make sure. They wrote me back within 24hrs saying to just note that in the comments section before ordering. They made the Ichange at no additional charge.

And I cant see why you wouldnt be able to run the A/C panel and cluster on one inverter. If anything, the power will just be a little less to each dial, but they light up pretty darn bright. I dialed my brightness down a good bit.

Check my write up thread. I just did it last night. I had them set my redline @ 5800. They did it free of charge. I sent them an email BEFORE I ordered to make sure. They wrote me back within 24hrs saying to just note that in the comments section before ordering. They made the Ichange at no additional charge.

And I cant see why you wouldnt be able to run the A/C panel and cluster on one inverter. If anything, the power will just be a little less to each dial, but they light up pretty darn bright. I dialed my brightness down a good bit.

Sounds good, I contacted them about sending the center piece back to have the redline fixed. In the mean time I think I'm going to install the other 2 pieces and the AC panel so all I have to do is plug it in when it comes in the mail.

Did you have to splice wires to tap into the power besides making the inverter wire longer? Should I pick up some of those little twisty insulating caps or did you just use electrical tape where needed? No soldering?

I'm gonna go to radioshack later to get some additional red/black wiring to make these longer so I don't have to put stress on anything trying to make it reach.

I sent a PM to ya also, but the reason that Dragstr05 was able to have the redline changed free of charge is that I'm pretty sure he ordered the directly from speedhut.com. I'm not exactly sure which route you took, but I ordered mine through speedhut's ebay store. By doing that, I saved a bunch on the cost of the gauges, but the will not change the rpm that the redline sits at. If you wanted it changed to the stock redline, then you would have needed to order through speedhut directly instead of their ebay store.

Either way, hope you enjoy them. I know that I have loved mine :nice: