got some paint on almost done

reyesjo

Dec 7, 2004
Hey just had her painted, still have more work just couldn't wait to post at least one picture of her. Will post more in the following weeks.
P.S. sorry for the crapy picture, I had to resize way down in order to upload. New pictures here is the link for Cardomain.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2215774

Attachments

• DSCF0007111111111.JPG
    DSCF0007111111111.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 258
  • Sponsors (?)

paint colores

Its PPG Gobal line paint, the black is called jet black and the silver is Mazda RX-8 2005, and the clear I think is 8151 or something, it also has a red stripe dividing the silver and black. I think it looks great for $ 1200. But I strip the car down to metal and did most of the body work, oh I also primed it and self etching primer as well. The painter is a great friend of mine and is located in Dallas area if anybody is intrested. He also took everypart off the car and painted it seperatly. He only works on cars on the weekend due to work.

I met you at childrens hospital. I was the electrician while yall were installing the angio machine. I remembered what you said you were going to do to your car. Did how I told you to prep the car for paint work out?

prep for paint

It was alot of work but well worth the results, the paint came out great, I still have to wet sand and buff the car. That should get out most imperfecations. I will try to take pictures at a lower resolution next time, but won't be able to untill next weekend. thanks

i like the paint!!

i'm looking forward to seeing more pics. i really like the silver and black on it. i am leaning to repainting mine silver with black shelby stripes but am exploring other ideas with the same color combo. by the way have you ever installed mri's for toshiba? i work for a hospital in n.al that we use to have a toshiba open mri.

Looking good, but definately need to see some better pics. You should do what most of us do... Setup an account on a site like Cardomain for free and upload your full resolution pics to that site. Then, when you post on a forum, you use the "Insert Image" feature and link to the full resolution image. Never have to resize the iumage to meet the upload limitations ever again. Now hurry up and post some good pics :D

more pictues of car

will look into cardomin, to post more pictures, we do install MRI however my bread and butter is Vascular and RF. I will let you know about the site, I have hundreds of pictures of the build up but only a few of the finish product.

paint

I did all the hard work, stripped it, primed it, blocked it, and fixed all the dents... I just wanted a two tone look and was not experience enough. Now that I helped my friend paint it, I think with time I can paint something like this; yey no problem. I had painted 3 other mustang in the past, but they where just one tone. I also did all the mechanical work on the car, still needs allot of work like, supercharger, intake, aluminum radiator, aluminum heads, injectors, rocker arms, A/C. a Radio ect ect ect... Just need time and money...

P.S. the painter works at Trophy Nissan he paints car on the side in the Dallas area if anybody is interested. Great guy and very reasonable

streetdemon 70, Your best bet would have to be, to talk to him directly. But he is a great painter, and uses high dollar paint, Gobal refinishing is top of the line of the PPG products. Hey I just got off the phone with him, at the moment he dosn't have much time, He has 2 other cars to do.

those pics...

on cardomain look great. i really like that color combo. those give me some great ideas.i'm really sold on silver as my base color with several colors for stripes or some kind of 2 tone combo.