got some seats out of a 96 stang

Roland69

Sergeant Tangnet
Sep 17, 2005
Port Elgin, Ontario
a 96 V6 mustang came to the local wreckers last week. I went today and took the front seats out ($80cdn) and they are mint just a little dirty. I had someone clean them but he did a Sh!^Y job on them so I took them to the new carwash with a shampoo vacuume thingy and cleaned them up better then the "detailing guy" did. What do you guys use for cleaning seats.

BTW the seats have manual tracks and are alot lighter than I thought they would be. I will be just bolting them in without swapping tracks from my fox seats.

• Sponsors (?)

you are gonna love em. I have a set in my vert and they feel waaaay better than the stock seats. I always use tuff stuff and scrub with a terry cloth. then I shampoo. I have a bissel cleaner and it does a pretty decent jon. I love that it has a clear head and you can see all the black water being sucked up.

I have this "Little Green Cleaning Machine" by Bissel....It is freakin amazing...itll clean gallons of coffee colored water outta any seat lol

14251-L.gif

a 96 V6 mustang came to the local wreckers last week. I went today and took the front seats out ($80cdn) and they are mint just a little dirty. I had someone clean them but he did a Sh!^Y job on them so I took them to the new carwash with a shampoo vacuume thingy and cleaned them up better then the "detailing guy" did. What do you guys use for cleaning seats.

BTW the seats have manual tracks and are alot lighter than I thought they would be. I will be just bolting them in without swapping tracks from my fox seats.

I swapped the Seat Tracks from my Old Seat to the SN95s when I put them in.

I used the "guts" from the stock 1990 seats and put them in the 03 seats and then made a way to secure the seat-back carpet on similar to the 1990's.

Only downside is the stupid sn95 latches you can see. If you want to do it, and do it this way then i can make up some step by step directions with some pics i took....

It is completely reversible too in regards to the stock fox seats so you may try it out if you like

Use a pressure washer to clean those seats, I did it to some nasty fox seats and they came out looking brand new. Use some tuff stuff, spray it on and let it sit a few min. and then take a damp stiff brush and go over them a couple times and PW the hell out of em until the water has no bubbles. Like new!

Use a pressure washer to clean those seats, I did it to some nasty fox seats and they came out looking brand new. Use some tuff stuff, spray it on and let it sit a few min. and then take a damp stiff brush and go over them a couple times and PW the hell out of em until the water has no bubbles. Like new!

Be careful if you use that method, my buddy blew a hole in the front of his passenger seat trying to clean his that way.

I just took out my backseat. I ended up using TurtleWax Power Out Carpet Cleaner And Odor Eliminator. I would scrub let it sit for a few, come back, spray it down with a hose, and repeat a few times. Then let it dry in the sun. Looks almost brand new :nice:

This is going to sound like an odd question, but it refers to the seat backs on these newer seats.

has anyone noticed if the backrest of the seat is thinner than a fox seat? i put my interior back in the other day after my roll bar install, and im 6'2" so i might need a seat with a thinner back to it. i fit ok, but i wish i could go back another 1/2"

View attachment 379487