Got the car up to 125

Matto

Apr 21, 2003
Arkansas
Yeah I know, not a real big thing to accomplish, but it's pretty cool. Don't worry, no one was around it was on a long highway up in the mountains where there arent any people or kids playing hot scotch in the road. :D

All the way to 110 seemed to go by pretty fast but damn, after that it just seemed like the car crawled to 125. How much quicker are 99 and up GT's getting to top speed than say my car?

• Sponsors (?)

I seem to be able to get mine up to about 135 pretty quick. Im putting 4.10s in soon...should be fun then. I was surprised how stable the car was at this speed...anyone know if there is a speed limiter on the 2001's? I guess Ill have to find out.

I dont think there is as i have burried my speedo at the 150 mark a couple of times!! Who Knows? wont be doin that again anytime soon though..... seen a guy flip one doin like 120 or so!!! nasty I must be geting old........

I thought the 99+ were limited at 150?

Where is the rev limit at for these cars? Somewhere around 6000 I would assume.

I've been 130 without any problem at all and that happened really quick (didn't even know I was there... I thought it was 120 until my cousin told me it was 130). I went 115 in my 94 V6 back in the day :rlaugh:

I took my car to around 130, but I have 3:73 gears and have yet to recalibrate my speedo. Hence, I estimate the real speed to be around 115. But my car is hitting the speed (shaft) limiter at 5300 rpm in 4th gear and I know it has lots of room left for a higher speed. KB will be sending a new chip on Monday to by pass the shaft limiter. :banana:

My speedo doesn't have a peg so I can do MPH. I don't know how fast that is but it probably isn't to much over 150 since the error is probably pretty great after 130.

Posted by KStrike155 said:
I've been 130 without any problem at all and that happened really quick (didn't even know I was there... I thought it was 120 until my cousin told me it was 130). I went 115 in my 94 V6 back in the day

I know what you mean. I was passing a car on a straightaway and got up to 115 before I realized it. My 8yo son was sitting in the passengers seat and said...Dad your doing 115. Now I had to explain myself because I told him when I bought the car that I don't drive fast and he shouldn't either. I told him my foot got stuck for a second. :nonono: