got the mac straight shot, testing soon!!!!

Man, that sucks about the dyno guy, I hope hes going to be ok. LOL Testing that thing must just not be supposed to happen for some reason. :shrug: Maybe one day we'll actually know. In the mean time, FIND ANOTHER CONTROVERSIAL MOD MYTH WE CAN PUT TO REST!

• Sponsors (?)

madmatt said:
Man, that sucks about the dyno guy, I hope hes going to be ok. LOL Testing that thing must just not be supposed to happen for some reason. :shrug: Maybe one day we'll actually know. In the mean time, FIND ANOTHER CONTROVERSIAL MOD MYTH WE CAN PUT TO REST!

well i got to put the car on the dyno. i made about 5 or 6 pulls with it in it's current setup with all the mods on it, even though paul wasn't there. so i will say this, at this particular point in everything with me trying to get these tests done..........I believe the advertised HP gain :D

i'm not going to post the results of those pulls because i'm not sure if they are 100% accurate & i don't want to post false info. the reason is because a mechanic from the shop & i were running the dyno (i've been there for countless dyno pulls & baisically can run the machine too & he is new). there was room for error, so i will wait until i'm totally sure to post. hopefully i will get shown how to do more on the dyno when the people that operate mustang dynos inc come to update the software, that way i will know for sure that i did it right :nice: either way the mechanic that was there will be learning it backwards & forwards when the dyno guys are there. so there will be more than one or two people there that know how to run it :D but again my numbers were up considerably since the last time i dyno'd, so i'm very happy for now, i'll be more happy when i know for sure. i will keep you guys up to date though :nice:

now don't take that last post & go buy it if you are sceptical, like many, just because i said that ok :nice:

but one more thing that i will tell you all..... my air/fuel ratio was 12.5 - 13.2 on all my runs. i don't know much about a/f ratios but.......i was running rich before, due to my longtubes, so it could have leaned me out just enough to be stoich there, because from what i know about a/f ratios that's right about where i would want it for a n/a car :shrug: i just thought i would share that, for whatever it's worth to you all :nice:

streetstang03 said:
how big of a gain we talking here??? easier to tell if your dyno run had errors if you tell us how much of a gain you saw on your pull.

well i've added other things since my last dyno so i'm not going to speculate at all. but if my ricer math is right, it's worth the money :D but that still remains to be seen. so i will not get into a flame war about dyno numbers until i know beyond a shadow of a doubt they are right ;)

c2see21 said:
well i've added other things since my last dyno so i'm not going to speculate at all. but if my ricer math is right, it's worth the money :D but that still remains to be seen. so i will not get into a flame war about dyno numbers until i know beyond a shadow of a doubt they are right ;)

what mods did you add?? and how much total gains have u seen since ur last pull?

streetstang03 said:
what mods did you add?? and how much total gains have u seen since ur last pull?

i've added a trickflow plenum, 70mm tb, flowpaths, & the mac straight shot with 85mm maf. those are all the "power" mods i've added since my last dyno. & the gains are very noticable ;) sorry for not telling numbers just yet :(

try to understand my point of not telling my numbers yet here. the mechanic & i were running the dyno instead of the regular guy, there was room for mistake. now i don't think we screwed up or anything, but there was the possibility. i don't want to have to ward off the flames from people because my dyno numbers were better than theirs & that's not possible & blah, blah, blah; because it will happen as soon as i do.

c2see21 said:
i've added a trickflow plenum, 70mm tb, flowpaths, & the mac straight shot with 85mm maf. those are all the "power" mods i've added since my last dyno. & the gains are very noticable ;) sorry for not telling numbers just yet :(

try to understand my point of not telling my numbers yet here. the mechanic & i were running the dyno instead of the regular guy, there was room for mistake. now i don't think we screwed up or anything, but there was the possibility. i don't want to have to ward off the flames from people because my dyno numbers were better than theirs & that's not possible & blah, blah, blah; because it will happen as soon as i do.

LOL, I'm calling :bs: . You know you secretly snuck a 75 shot in the car and sprayed it during the dyno run. Hahahahahahahaha. :flame: Just :stick: at you a little man, just because you said you were trying to avoid getting flamed.

In all honesty...his car could be very close to the numbers he got. I'm not ruling out the inaccuracy, but I've been in the car several times...and right now it's pulling harder than it ever has in the past. Hope Paul gets better Charlie so you can post the numbers here. Good luck!!! Maybe next time I'll be able to go with you and get mine done before I slap on the SC.

2001 Geee T said:
So you are saying you added a trickflow plenum, 70mm tb, flowpaths since the last dyno? How will you know what the straight shot does on its own?

He's going back and testing the stock system and then testing the straight shot. With his current mods of course. I know that won't show you how much HP it's worth on an otherwise stock car, but it will show what he gained by going from the stock induction to the straight shot.

The only way these tests are going to be remotely reliable is if you have the same A/F ratio before, during and after the adding of mods. If you were running rich with longtubes and all of a sudden you went lean with the 85MM maf well yeah you will see a huge increase in power which is not a true test of the advertised power of the mod.

**********ATTENTION ALL*************

i'm doing theese dyno runs to see what this system will gain on a mildly modified car NOT STOCK. i will be taking off only the straight shot system & replacing it with the stock air box. i never intended to test a stock car, because how many of your cars are stock? not many.

billy - i just put the car on yesterday to see what it would put down in it's current steup. i was just curous, that was in no way part of what i'm doing. i'll wait until paul gets back to do all of the other stuff, to make sure everything is accurate. meaning i will do a baseline with the stock stuff the next time, then add the straight shot system. we will be keeping a eye on the air/fuel during the baslines & the SS runs on that day, it WILL NOT be compared from two different days :nice:

c2see21 said:
**********ATTENTION ALL*************

i'm doing theese dyno runs to see what this system will gain on a mildly modified car NOT STOCK. i will be taking off only the straight shot system & replacing it with the stock air box. i never intended to test a stock car, because how many of your cars are stock? not many.

billy - i just put the car on yesterday to see what it would put down in it's current steup. i was just curous, that was in no way part of what i'm doing. i'll wait until paul gets back to do all of the other stuff, to make sure everything is accurate. meaning i will do a baseline with the stock stuff the next time, then add the straight shot system. we will be keeping a eye on the air/fuel during the baslines & the SS runs on that day, it WILL NOT be compared from two different days :nice:
Sounds good man now get the numbers lol