Got the new K-member and suspension on..possible problem?

WhiteDevil

Feb 4, 2003
San Diego
Got the new K in and supension together and this thing sits like a super 4x4 up front. I mean i know it has no engine and tranny in there but i think that will bring it down at most 1.5in or so. This thing now has 5in between the wheel and fender. I am pretty damn positive that it was not this high with the engine out before i started on the suspension. I also know that by judging the weight difference i probably dropped 70lbs with this new K-member and that will bring the height up, but this much?

Important Facts:
1. The springs are for sure sitting perfectly in the A-arms with the tail in the slot.
2. The bolts holding on the new A-arms are completely loose no pressure is on them. So they shouldnt be binding.

Combo:
PA Racing K-member: w/ spring perches
03 Cobra A-arms
Steeda Springs
Mach 1 Tokicos
Stock Spindles

The car IS on the gound in this pic
View attachment 452961
View attachment 452963

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah John

No motor/trans means a LOTTA weight is gone ;)

I've pulled the motor/trans outta TONS of different cars I've had over the years and every one of them had the shocks at the full top of travel with all that weight gone.

I think you will be fine :D

Grady

Ok guys thanks for putting me a little at ease. Come to think of it. It was so light without the engine and trans in the car that i had to have my brother and his girlfriend sit in the car so that i could jack the A-arm enough to compress the spring and put things together otherwise the whole car would just lift up.