Got the stang weighed

04GTMustang

Feb 28, 2006
Stafford
well i weighed the car and was pretty impressed. it weighed in at 3440 without me in it and a full tank of gas and a full bottle of nitrous in the trunk and spare and all.

I thought it was going to weigh more than that cause that KB definitely added a good 100lbs to the car. it was 3580 with me in it. but thats correct cause i do only weigh 140lbs lol its good to be small.

future plans are to get a tubular K and then do some other weight saving mods. I would like to get her close to 3200lbs if i could. at least on race days such as pulling passenger seat and stuff like that.

• Sponsors (?)

i am in need of a new clutch since i am on the stock one with almost 77k miles on it. when i get a new clutch ill be getting a new fly wheel.

i know that an alum. flywheel will take weight off the rotating mass. was an alum. flywheel worth it to anyone?

i wanna start doing some weight reduction right now and then get back to hp.

so im looking into a tubular K, new a arms, control arms, coil overs, alum. flywheel, alum driveshaft. can anyone tell me what are some good brands to go with because i defintely dont want to go cheap.

thanks guys

Thats pretty good considering my Mach weighed in @ 3,350 with a 1/2 tank of gas & a tubular k member.... When i installed an aluminum flywheel, it dropped roughly 15lbs off the rotating mass....

Thats pretty good considering my Mach weighed in @ 3,350 with a 1/2 tank of gas & a tubular k member.... When i installed an aluminum flywheel, it dropped roughly 15lbs off the rotating mass....

would you recommend getting an alum flywheel cause i have heard that they hurt off the line performance because there is less inertia now. but also lets the engine rev better through the rpms.

Everyone is gonna say MM for the suspension, but i've heared that the UPR K-member kit is also great. For DS i would stick to the FRPP one. The flywheel i hear the spec and fidanza pieces are pretty good. I'm sure more people will chime in so these are just some options.

EDIT- I don't think with the blower you'll have any problem getting off the line:D

I havent ran mine at the track since the aluminum flywheel install, but I havent noticed any performance loss from a dig. I ended up using an 03/04 Cobra stock aluminum flywheel I got for free from a buddy of mine, & thats the only reason I went with an aluminum flywheel, but I have heard good things about the Fidanza & spec ones as well. I was installing a centerforce DF at the same time so I figured it wouldnt hurt to the flywheels as well. i have noticed that it revs a little faster in the higher RPM's, but nothing signifigant IMO...

I have the Fidanza flywheel and Centerforce DFX clutch and am very happy with the combo. My father seems to stall the car 25% of the time off the line but I never have :shrug:
Stalled it in reverse a few times :leaving:

You can shed a few hundred pounds pretty easily if you want to get somewhat serious on race day. I have been to the track looking pretty rough a few times :rlaugh: One aftermarket seat, no backseat, no spare/jack, no front sway bar, and other misc items. Some will wonder why I was doing all of this, but I wanted my little NPI automatic in the 13s at the time :rlaugh: Every little bit helped at that point when I was cracking off 14.01 and 14.03s ;)

You can shed a few hundred pounds pretty easily if you want to get somewhat serious on race day. I have been to the track looking pretty rough a few times :rlaugh: One aftermarket seat, no backseat, no spare/jack, no front sway bar, and other misc items. Some will wonder why I was doing all of this, but I wanted my little NPI automatic in the 13s at the time :rlaugh: Every little bit helped at that point when I was cracking off 14.01 and 14.03s ;)

Haha thats funny back when i had my first car, 89 Accord:notnice: when i would go to the 1/8 mile track i would take out the passenger seat, back seat spare and jack and all the center console and trunk plastic, and it actually ran a 10.5. I know its still slow but comming from a carbed 4 banger with only a full header back exhaust short throw and stage 2 clutch i was beating by buddies prelude. That car was a joke i know but it was in great condition.

With my weight reduction (No dogbone, no spare, no jack, no truck carpet or board, no rear seat, aftermarket seats in the front, with MAYBE an 1/8th of a tank and a full nitrous bottle) the car weighed in at 3174 (without driver obviously).

thanks guys. yea im shooting for 3200lbs for daily driven. so all seats and stuff in the car. but thats somewhere in teh 3200lbs range not 3200lb on the dot lol.

but if i could get less outta it that would be nice. i wanna try and hit 10s on this 2.1 blower before i A. get the hellion twin turbo system to do compound boost, or B. upgrade to a 2.6 KB blower. so ill be doing a good bit of suspension work to get it to launch hard.