Gotta see this!! drifting

• Sponsors (?)

GreenMustangGt said:
This vid is insane

I think it is funny that deep down inside SRT-4, Honduh civic, and various other FWD drivers feel bad that they can't drift! DRIFTING is teh coolness dawg...

Heck even Millen built a GTO to go drifting in, I just shake my head at that stuff, seems like the most idiotic way to burn through new tires in 30 Minutes...
_MG_4701.jpg

_8292829.jpg

img_6151_std.jpg

A ricer fad that not even ricers can partake in, classic.

Drifting = :nono:

Not only was that guy in the Si retarded.. but his video sucked ass too.. crapola

Good for a laugh though!

As for drifting.. I think its cool to watch for about 10 seconds then could care less about it.. not as much skill involved as with rallying or road racing

ES Stangin said:
Not only was that guy in the Si retarded.. but his video sucked ass too.. crapola

Good for a laugh though!

As for drifting.. I think its cool to watch for about 10 seconds then could care less about it.. not as much skill involved as with rallying or road racing

i agree w/ half of your post--that guy in the Si is retarded, BUT drifting does require PLENTY of skill. have you ever seen in-car video of a professional drift racer? footage of his footwork/hand-break/stearing work? i'd like to see you do that and bore me after 10 seconds. until then :ZipIt:

Ram000 said:
have you ever seen in-car video of a professional drift racer?

Well, if he watched the video (2nd one) .... then he did. It does look like it would take alotta skill. I might get another RX-7 or a maybe even a 240 & try it someday ......

I know a guy that lives close to me has like 7 240's and he drifts with a couple of them. I have never even seen drifting. Sounds expensive, though.

I have to say, I think it's mighty cool. Yes, it is kind of pointless to ruin some tires that quickly, but it looks fun...losing control, but using that loss of control to guide you around a track. It just looks hardcore. I would absolutely LOVE to see an SN95 drifting

I didnt really mean it didnt require skill, but rallying just requires more because not only are they drifting but have to deal with rises and dips in the terrain, people standing near the path, water crossings, etc. I guess I should've been more specific about it though.

It is easy in an AWD Legacy GT in snow :D (but thats because the front wheels help pull the car foward while the rear kicks out)