Granatelli suspension parts....anyone use them?

undercnstrction

Nov 10, 2009
i was going through the classifieds on corral yesterday and ended up on one of their advertisers websites. i came across some suspension pieces from Granatelli and the prices were VERY reasonable. do any of you guys use their parts? does this go back to the "you get what you pay for" rule of thumb?

• Sponsors (?)

You couldn't GIVE me anything with the Granatelli name on it.

Well you could... but it would never be installed... and that's only if it were somehow snuck in underneath a pile of parts made by someone reputable.

The double adjustable uppers work very well, however I had issues with their "weight jacker" style lowers on a customers car, we swapped them out for a UPR lower and never looked back. The car was a 340RWHP car, launched hard and the perches/adjustment rod bent so they couldn't be further adjusted.

i went with j&m to replace my granatelli lowers. my granatelli's were shot, spring perches seized like rick mentioned.

j&m arms are a nice median with price, and imo very good quality. especially for the money.

granatelli is out. if i have to look REALLY hard to find someone who will say something good about a product, it's not a very good product. add that to the fact that several posts on this thread alone have stated they had to replace their granatelli parts with other companies parts because of failed parts. NO THANKS!

UPR, team Z and MM have been recommended numerous times. those are going to be the companies that i stick to.

all of the input and real work experience is GREATLY appreciated.

just happened to think that i don't see griggs mentioned much here? what's the opinion on their stuff?? they seem to be pretty heavy into racing.

Yup stay away from Granatelli. There GM orientanted anyways. I have no offense to that but I'd much rather buy from a company dedicated and focused to Ford/Mustang performance because my car is a Ford.

edit: Kinda like a supercharger company that only makes superchargers, A header company that only makes headers, A cylinder head company that only makes heads, ect, ect. Just IMO.

granatelli is out. if i have to look REALLY hard to find someone who will say something good about a product, it's not a very good product. add that to the fact that several posts on this thread alone have stated they had to replace their granatelli parts with other companies parts because of failed parts. NO THANKS!

UPR, team Z and MM have been recommended numerous times. those are going to be the companies that i stick to.

all of the input and real work experience is GREATLY appreciated.

just happened to think that i don't see griggs mentioned much here? what's the opinion on their stuff?? they seem to be pretty heavy into racing.

If you want to handle stick with MM

that seems to be the rule of thumb. I've read numerous threads where other manufacturers parts are compared to MMs stuff. so why buy the knock-off when i can buy the real deal. it's lookin' like MM is getting the nod. :nice:

there is just too many posts/threads, both on here and other mustang sites, where someone tries to use the "bargain" suspension parts and ends up upgrading to the good stuff in the end because the "good deal" parts break.....usually in pretty short order. might as well buy the right part the first time.

I have GMS upper and lower CAs, only took them because they were soooo cheap, but know I am rolling the dice. So far, so good, no issues at all but they are not my long term solution, that's for sure.

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg