Graphics delete?

hayseed

Oct 8, 2004
Has anyone here every done a graphics delete? I have a red 00 GT with the gold mustang block letter graphics under each door with some stripes. Im thinking either A) get rid of the gold and get a black stripe kit for the hood, roof and wing or keep the gold, get a gold stripe kit and fill in the bumper block letters with gold as well? Im still pondering.

In the meantime though, if I wanted to remove the gold graphics, how could I go about doing it with out f'ning up the car? :shrug:

Thanks!

• Sponsors(?)

arkansas mystic

Jun 1, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
I worked in a body shop for a few years, and we used a little wheel that went with a cordless drill it was called an "astro wheel" (had the name on it), and was made of something similar to a pencil eraser. We got them at the bumper to bumper parts stores. They will take off graphics, and not hurt the clear coat. Absolute worse case scenario, i guess if you had no clue what you were doing you could hold it in one spot for 3 minuites and scorch the clear coat, but then it would buff out. Once you get the big stuff off, you can take off the residue with rubbing alcohol

Mustang5L5

i'm familiar with penetration
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
hayseed said:
Has anyone here every done a graphics delete?

I thought only V6's with the pony appearance package got graphics on the sides of the car (aside from limited edition GT's)