Graphics delete?

hayseed

Oct 8, 2004
Has anyone here every done a graphics delete? I have a red 00 GT with the gold mustang block letter graphics under each door with some stripes. Im thinking either A) get rid of the gold and get a black stripe kit for the hood, roof and wing or keep the gold, get a gold stripe kit and fill in the bumper block letters with gold as well? Im still pondering.

In the meantime though, if I wanted to remove the gold graphics, how could I go about doing it with out f'ning up the car? :shrug:

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I worked in a body shop for a few years, and we used a little wheel that went with a cordless drill it was called an "astro wheel" (had the name on it), and was made of something similar to a pencil eraser. We got them at the bumper to bumper parts stores. They will take off graphics, and not hurt the clear coat. Absolute worse case scenario, i guess if you had no clue what you were doing you could hold it in one spot for 3 minuites and scorch the clear coat, but then it would buff out. Once you get the big stuff off, you can take off the residue with rubbing alcohol