green dot c-4?

food34

Sep 29, 2003
so, oregon
my 65 coupe has a 6 cyl 200 and a green dot C4, im getting closer to being able to get a 302 for it and i was wondering if i should just get a new tranny also instead of the green-dot, would this be a good practical idea?

• Sponsors (?)

food34 said:
my 65 coupe has a 6 cyl 200 and a green dot C4, im getting closer to being able to get a 302 for it and i was wondering if i should just get a new tranny also instead of the green-dot, would this be a good practical idea?

If at all possible, I'd upgreade from the C-4. Since you'd be adding more power, putting an aged transmission back in without being totally rebuilt it seems unwise. The the C-4 is great but the later transmissions ofer advantages. Either way, rebuilg makes sense if you can afford it.

SuperDave said:
If at all possible, I'd upgreade from the C-4. Since you'd be adding more power, putting an aged transmission back in without being totally rebuilt it seems unwise. The the C-4 is great but the later transmissions ofer advantages. Either way, rebuilg makes sense if you can afford it.

Ditto