Green spray from a/c line

Safety glasses and gloves. I still close my eyes when connecting the hoses. I can tell if the high side is working and rarely hook up the high side hose.
ny'r you could always go to OreilyZzone and see if there is someone (maybe a commercial guy) around that is willing to help charge it after replacing the hose.
They call me once in a while looking to have me change an alternator or whatever and I do it

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

General karthief your right again. I’ve never been around a set of gauges in use on a car ac. I have been watching a Chris Fix video, taking notes and stopping and starting it. BTW you also sound like my mother…’ your going to poke your eye out!’
manicmechanic007, your right too. I realized yesterday that I’m overthinking this. The Pag oil caused the headache. Trying to figure out how much to put in. I have off this Saturday and Sunday. I’m jumping in head first…what’s the worst that could happen? I promise I won’t poke my eye out. :bang:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
When the red leak detector in a can of R-12 escaped because of a bad can tap, I thought my dad has cut open a main artery. It was all over the white seats of the Winnebago we had on vacation.
Back when they started the R-12 phase out, I passed the test so I could buy or sell it. And I have worked for family who did commercial AC and heating. But I still prefer to let a tech who does it regularly to take care of my auto AC.

I disconnected the 2 ac lines from the compressor and the other end of the low pressure line. My brother came over to help me get off the other end of the high pressure line. We spent the last three and a half hours trying to disconnect that last line. He broke my two brand new quick disconnect tools and worn down a brand new Dremel bit. He still couldn't get it disconnected even though we can see the lock spring opening. We decided to cut it off by the spring lock and we're going to just weld the new high pressure side pipe straight on.

Get pics!!
we like to see fab work, the more boogers the better.
a small amount of blood or animal fur for extra credit :nice:
Ok here’s a pic of the Midas touch in action. The new high pressure end connection fit nice over cut off end of its connector. I first wrapped a bunch of Teflon tape on the cut off to make sure it had a good air tight connection. Then put JB WELD behind it, put the new pipe on the cut off and smoothed around the whole edge with my finger.
I used JB WELD to hold the side of the radiator on the core for my 72 Buick Skylark. Also made new threaded bolt holes to hold down the intake manifold on anonther car. Great stuff.
Friday I’ll do the pressure check, vacuum the system and recharge it.

Attachments

• CD3E2E83-1F6A-4004-A620-592C5F9A40F0.jpeg
    CD3E2E83-1F6A-4004-A620-592C5F9A40F0.jpeg
    527.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 4D289629-762E-4697-B2A1-FF6A07272A5D.jpeg
    4D289629-762E-4697-B2A1-FF6A07272A5D.jpeg
    373.9 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: 1 user