Greetings from SF Bay Area

dascoyne

Feb 4, 2010
Greetings.

Three weeks ago I found myself unexpectedly in the market for a new car when my Lexus GS 430 was driven into a body of water by my dear mother. She's OK but the car was totaled. My Lexus never gave me problems before and was surprisingly quiet and stable - even at 110 mph you'd feel like you're at 75 mph. Still, it's a car I "liked" but never "loved."

When my wife asked what new car I wanted all I could think of was owning a new Mustang. You see, until now, I owned a series of "sensible" Japanese cars throughout my life.

When I was a kid I almost purchased a '65 2+2 Mustang ... but I didn't. Now that I'm approaching an obligatory mid-life crisis all I could think of was owning my first pony car.

I just purchased my 2010 Mustang GT Premium in Black. Manual transmission. Track package. Red leather comfort package. Electronics package. HID lights. When I turn the key and hear that engine roar I feel like I've come home. I love this car! This weekend I'll be driving through San Francisco proper ... I think I might revisit a couple of Steve McQueen's corners ...

• Sponsors (?)