Greetings to the Blue Oval Nation

Greetings!
My name is Joe and I am new to your forum but not to the Mustang.
My first - 1969 Mach 1 in 1979, paid $500.00 for it. My second - 1971 Mach 1 in 1981, paid $500.00 for it as well. My third - 1965 Fastback in 2004, paid well, a lot more.... Anyway, I have been brewing about this for a while and thought I would share my thoughts. The Ford Motor Company should point out to Chevrolet that the Corvette advertising is misleading and down right untruthful regarding its consecutive production history. Last year, promoting the "50th" Anniversary of the longest running production muscle/sports car. In 1983 there was no corvette production -
it was the re-design year and was re-introduced in 1984, making the Mustang the most consecutive year production muscle/sports car, not the corvette. That's been bottled up for a while and I needed to share with the Blue Oval Nation.

Regards,
Joe

• Sponsors (?)

Hi,

Its taken me a while, but I've come back around to appreciate the Mustang.
I have books,articles and 7 years worth of bindered Corvette Fever subscriptions.
My garage, still has artwork and banners displaying vintage corvettes, but I am slowly
removing as when I can backfill with vintage Mustang replacements. My 65 Fastback has been my "dream car" for years and will hopefully be done buying and selling classic cars. By the time I'm done building this car to exacting specifications of the Shelby GT350, my would should be in balance and I can finally enjoy a nice original
piece of automotive history.

The 82 Corvette production run was extended, and the 84 came in 83, so even though they didn't have an 83 model, they weren't shut down for long.

Some would argue that Mustangs weren't produced from 1974 to 1978..LOL. I am not one of them.