grippiest street tires?

Tasandmnm

Jun 1, 2007
Well back when Nitto was first becoming popular everyone raved about how gret of a high performance street tire it was....are the 555s still about the best you can get for the money performance wise? I remember the BFG KDs were top of the line for street but I havent seen them at any of the major retailers lately so I assume they have been discontinued?

• Sponsors (?)

I have Riken Raptors and they seem to do the trick. Since putting these on it really takes getting into the gas to get 2nd gear spinning if I spin through 1st and they warm up a tad. I don't race my car so its kind of annoying sometimes when I do want to break loose through a few gears but not be too hard on the tranny.

:shrug:
et_street.jpg

et_street_radial_a.jpg

Well those dont really fit my description of street tires :p I think to meet those standards it has to be something that won't kill you in the rain.

Once again Aliate X to the rescue of drag radials myths......

I drove my MT ET radials through that recent noreaster we had up here back and forth to work. They skate around a little bit if you hit a puddle like Im talking a few inches but nothing more than that. Honestly you get used to it. It would feel weird any other way for me lol.

General Exclaim UHP's!!! Read about them on tirerack, rated #1 out of 46 tires.

I can tell you first-hand that these tires were the best street tires I ever had. I cut low 1.9x's all night on them at the track, with the same tire pressure I run on the street, and I honestly was still only getting a chirp and go. There is no doubt these have potential to break in the 1.8x's. To be honest, I actually was second guessing the power of my car because they hooked so good on the street.

I recently went from 17's to 18's and they don't make them to fit because I would have them again in a heartbeat. The best part is how reasonably they are priced too, can't beat em!

General Exclaim UHP's!!! Read about them on tirerack, rated #1 out of 46 tires.

I can tell you first-hand that these tires were the best street tires I ever had. I cut low 1.9x's all night on them at the track, with the same tire pressure I run on the street, and I honestly was still only getting a chirp and go. There is no doubt these have potential to break in the 1.8x's. To be honest, I actually was second guessing the power of my car because they hooked so good on the street.

I recently went from 17's to 18's and they don't make them to fit because I would have them again in a heartbeat. The best part is how reasonably they are priced too, can't beat em!

Thats good to hear. I just put generals on my car. Haven't tested them yet, but once I get the car going, I look forward to it!

+1 for the KDW's. put some on my car recently and i was very impressed. i used to spin out all the time when i didnt even want to. now, it takes A LOT to get them spinning. they also ride amazing! thats the first thing i noticed. car rides much smoother and quieter. i think about $160 each at tirerack.com