Group buy: Mustang Steve 13" cobra brakes.

technically I beleive wheel offset relates to how it lines up with your susp. So its the distance from the center of the wheel to where your hub mounts to. So more positive offset will push the hub mounting face out more towards the outside of the car. Using 17x9 as example, the 05 wheels would have 7 1/4 bs and 45mm of Positive offset, while a typical latemodel wheel only ~5.9bs and almost 1/2 the offset

• Sponsors (?)

As to sizing

I'm going with Edbert on this. At least to the best of my ability... "Try before you buy!"

If I'm not mistaken, and I may be, the offset on an 05 rim is just under 6" (like 5.9x"). The 04 and earlier were 5.6x". Please don't take this as fact. I've spent so much time looking at wheels that I could easily be wrong.

Which is why I whole heartedly support Edbert for Presdent!...uh...I mean Edbert's idea of trying the wheel on for size. :cheers:

As to the caliper hitting the wheel center, that is more a design of the hub and arch the wheel center makes. Diameter will have more effect on the caliper hitting the rim.

Scott

Group buy is almost over. We have already confirmed our 5 and if anyone else wants it let me know. You can email me or PM me with your address and which set you want. Looking forward to trying these on my 16" torque thrusts. I'll keep you guys posted.

66Runt said:
I'm going with Edbert on this. At least to the best of my ability... "Try before you buy!"

If I'm not mistaken, and I may be, the offset on an 05 rim is just under 6" (like 5.9x"). The 04 and earlier were 5.6x". Please don't take this as fact. I've spent so much time looking at wheels that I could easily be wrong.

Which is why I whole heartedly support Edbert for Presdent!...uh...I mean Edbert's idea of trying the wheel on for size. :cheers:

As to the caliper hitting the wheel center, that is more a design of the hub and arch the wheel center makes. Diameter will have more effect on the caliper hitting the rim.

Scott

Yeah, careful with aftermarket wheels. I have Boyds (god, I hate him) Smoothie's and the spokes hit the crown of the caliper. Mustang Steve offered a refund but I really wanted these on my car so I just ground, sanded and filed the caliper crown and they work fine. I have a pit hair of clearance but so far, so good.